1. Nowadays consumers become more and more practical and buy only _______ they need.
A. where B. which C. when D. what
2. She’d like to offer money to ________ needs it to continue his or her study.
A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever
3. ---If you are admitted to a key university, _________ as a prize?
--- I’m looking for a cell phone.
A. What you expect your father will offer you
B. Do you expect what your father will offer you
C. What do you expect will your father offer you
D. What do you expect your father will offer you
4. Yesterday he sold out all his stamps at ____ he thought was a reasonable price.
A. that B. which C. what D. as
5. Generally speaking, ____ we have seen seems more believable than ____ we have been told.
A. what; that B. what; what C. that; what D. that; that
6. After three days’ waiting, there was a little doubt in the mother’s mind _______ the police could find her lost child.
A. how B. that C. where D. whether
7. “Sustainable development” is a question _______ we can continue developing the world without damaging the environment.
A. why B. when C. that D. how
8. We’d like to do _______ we can _________ the poor.
A. how; help B. all; to help
C. whatever; help D. however; to help
9. My parents used ________they had to get a new car for my brother.
A. which B. all what C. what D. 不填
10. She was so angry at all ________ he was doing _________ she stayed up all night.
A. that; that B. that; which C. what; that D. what; as
11. After _________ seemed ages, the newsman disclosed the facts.
A. there B. which C. what D. that
12. Our school is no longer _________ it was 10 years ago, _________ it was not well equipped.
A. what; which B. that; which C. what; when D. that; where
13. Our bad living habits will destroy the earth. Only by changing ________we live can we save the earth.
A. that B. what C. how D. where
14. Thinking that you know _________ in fact you don’t is a serious mistake
A. what B. that C. when D. however
15. Energy is _________ makes things work.
A. what B. everything C. something D. anything
16. One of the men held the view __________the book said was right.
A. that what B. what that C. that D. whether
17. I think that this meal was well worth ________ was charged for it.
A. that B. what C. which D. how many
18. Do you think the reason ________ he gave is believable?
A. for which B. which C. why D. what
19. Although he knew little about the large amount of work done in the field, he succeeded ________ other more well-informed experimenters failed.
A. which B. that C. what D. where
20. Although Anne is happy with her success she wonders________ will happen to her private life.
A. it B. that C. what D. this