1. Which of the following groups would you like to join? Campus newspaper, hiking club or dorm improvement committee.
2. How would you advise somebody who was planning to come to your country to study abroad? Give details and examples to support your response.
3. The university is recruiting volunteers to help the community protecting the environment, which of the following would you choose to do? Pick up trash and litters on the street, plant trees and flowers, teach children about protecting the environment.
4. Nowadays many people move to cities for work and study. What advantages do moving to cities bring to people?
5. If one of your friends is always late for events and appointments, can you give some suggestion and advice to help him not be late next time?
6. Your community center now offers classes on the weekends for free. Which of the following class you will choose to take? Give reason to explain your choose. 1) A financial course to help you manage money, 2) Car maintenance and repair 3) Review of Latin-American music.
7. Which of the following volunteer work would you choose? Helping readers to search for books on computers, reading to children, organizing books.
8. Among studying, exercising, and going shopping, which one would you like to do alone and why?
9. Your friend has a bad eating habit.What suggestions would you like to give the friend?
10. If your friend is dropping out of the college, do you think is a good thing?
11. Your degree requires you to take one course, which one would you choose? Energy and environment, health and nutrition, or solar system?
12. Which one would you like to choose for your final project? Presentation, paper or video?
13. What activity do you think can cultivate children’s sense of responsibility?
14. What should parents do to help their children to succeed in school?
15. Which one of the following activities would you be more interested in doing? Teaching children, teaching adults to use computers or cleaning city park?
16. How do you usually reward yourself after work?
17. Talk about one of the many characteristics your country has which you consider different from the features of other countries.
18. Which subject do you want to learn most? Science history, art history or history of the world in the 20th century?
19. Describe one experience that your friend disappointed you and how you reacted to it.
20. Your friend is going to take a part-time job in college, please describe the advantages and disadvantages of doing a part-time job.