1. (原创)For many of us, the goal is to get into a top university, is widely considered the first step toward a successful future.
A. what B. which C. where D. that
2. (2013·哈尔滨模拟)The population of Africa is so rapidly as to cause concern of the whole world.
A. expanding B. stretching
C. extending D. spreading
3. (2013·三明模拟)I was going to pay when it suddenly me that I had left my purse at home.
A. happened to B. occurred to
C. referred to D. added to
4. (2013·南京模拟)In my opinion, parents should their children from spending too much time playing computer games.
A. discourage B. persuade
C. absorb D. limit
5. It is possible that one day we will disability, so we shouldn’t look down upon the disabled.
A. end up with B. put up with
C. come up with D. catch up with
6. The shy girl felt and uncomfortable when she could not answer her teacher’s questions.
A. amazed B. awkward
C. curious D. amused
7. (2013·龙岩模拟)Don’t believe in those ads that you can master a language in one month. Instead, it is a(n) process, which may last for years.
A. rapid B. instant
C. gradual D. regular
8. (2013·马鞍山模拟)Honesty is priceless. Stars, , need to take honesty seriously.
A. in short B. in return
C. in particular D. in reward
9. —This is Jackson. Can I speak to Peter?
— , please. I’ll see if I can find him for you.
A. Take your time B. Hold on
C. Never mind D. Leave it alone
10. The book was written in 1946, since when the education system great changes.
A. witnessed B. has witnessed
C. had witnessed D. is witnessing
11. we have gained enough knowledge of the language, we shall try to use it as much as possible.
A. Even though B. If only
C. Ever since D. Now that
12. This is the first time we a film in the cinema together as a family.
A. see B. had seen
C. saw D. have seen
13. (2013·龙岩模拟)Generally speaking, I never show for students who get caught cheating in exams.
A. assistance B. criticism
C. sympathy D. confidence
14. (2013·武汉模拟)Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol had a quarrel after the Lakers lost the match but shortly afterwards they shook hands and .
A. turned up B. made up
C. put up D. mixed up
15. —I think he should be punished for doing that.
—I agree with you .
A. in a way B. in the way
C. on the way