当前位置:中华考试网 >> 托福考试 >> 托福辅导 >> 托福听力 >> 托福考试听力部分:练习五

托福考试听力部分:练习五_第2页

中华考试网   2016-09-19   【

  第二部分 中英对照

  请选择一个你经常去并对你很重要的地方。请说明它为什么对你重要。

  Choose a place you go to often that is important to you and explain why it is important.

  请在你的陈述中包含一些具体的例子。

  Please include specific details in your explanation.

  当今,一些大学生为了获得更广泛的教育,他们会选着很多课程,涵盖各种各样的领域。

  Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas in order to get a broad education.

  另外的一些学生则专注于某个特定的领域,以便获得对该领域更深层次的了解。

  Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have a deeper understanding of that area.

  你觉得哪种选择课程的方式对学生更好?为什么?

  Which approach to course selection do you think is better for students and why?

  在下面的对话中,这位男士表达了自己对学校减少公交车相关业务这一行为的看法。

  The man express his opinion of the university's plan to eliminate the bus service.

  请陈述他的观点以及用于支撑该观点的理由。

  State his opinion and explain the reason he gives for hold that opinion.

  学校计划减少公交车相关业务。

  The university is planning to eliminate its bus service.

  请阅读学校报纸对于该计划所作出的报道。

  Read the article from the university newspaper about the plan.

  你将由45秒钟的时间来阅读这篇文章。阅读现在开始。

  You will have 45 seconds to read the article. Begin reading now.

  我不喜欢学校的这个计划?真的?

  I don't like the university's plan. Really?

  我坐过公交车,有时候公交车上的人很少。

  I've ridden those buses and sometimes there were only a few people on the bus.

  这种情况似乎很浪费资源。

  It did seem like a kind of a waste.

  我明白你的想法,但是我觉得问题的关键是在于公交车线路和实际情况有点脱节了。

  I see your point, but I think the problem is the route out of date.

  它就只去一些好社区,而那些社区对学生来说居住成本太高了。

  It only goes to the neighborhood that have gotten too expensive for students to live in.

  很可笑的是,他们却没有改变公交车线路,所以呢,公交车实际上是在很多校外生居住区域运行。

  It is ridiculous that they have not already changed route, you know, so it goes where most off-campus students live now.

  我敢打赌,如果他们那样做(改变路线),肯定会有很多学生选择坐公交的。

  I bet if they did that, they'd get plenty of students riding those buses.

  嗯,他们这样做的话,至少是需要增加一些停车的地方,现在要找到停车位真的是很难。

  Well, at least they are adding more parking, it has gotten really tough to find a space.

  事实上,这是我不喜欢这个计划的另外一个原因。

  That is the other part I do not like, actually.

  减少公交服务,增加停车位。这样只会鼓励更多学生开车去学校,这样只会让校园有更多噪音,增大校园的车流量。

  Cutting back the bus service and adding parking just encourage more students to drive on campus and that just adds to noise around campus and create more traffic.

  这样的话,就需要增加更多的停车空间。

  And that'll increase the need for more parking spaces.

  是的,我想我明白你的意思的。如果更多学生选择乘坐公交而非是自己开车,这样也许会更好点。

  Yeah, I guess I can see your point. Maybe it would be better if more students use the buses instead of driving.

  对的。而学校需要做的是让乘坐公交变得更容易,而非是更难。

  Right. And the university should make it easier to do that, not harder.

12
纠错评论责编:xixi2580
相关推荐
重点推荐»

book.examw.com

  • 搞定!托福高频词汇
    ¥20.00
  • 托福考试官方真题集1(附DVD-ROM)
    ¥112.00
  • 新托福长难句白金课堂(第二版)
    ¥18.00
  • 托福考试阅读特训
    ¥55.00
  • 新托福,新起点
    ¥33.00