【题目】 A Welcome Gift
Dario and his mother loved their new apartment. The living room was large enough for their piano. That night, the two of them 36 side by side at the piano. They played jazz music to celebrate their new home. The loud 37 filled the room and made them feel very happy.
The next morning, 38 , their happiness disappeared. Someone had left a 39 under their door during the night. One of their neighbor had written to complain(抱怨) about the sound of the piano. Dario’s mother asked the building superintendent(管理员) if he knew anything about it. But he said that they were all 40 people and he couldn’t imagine any of them had done that. Later that morning, Dario suggested that they write a letter to their 41 and apologize for their playing.
“Maybe we could go and 42 everyone in person.” his mother said.
“What if we invited them to come here for a 43 instead? Dario asked.
They both loved the 44 . Over the next few days, they sent out invitations and prepared desserts 45 their guests. They decorated the apartment with streamers(彩带) and party lights.
Finally, the day of the party 46 . Some guests brought presents. Others brought flowers. Some even brought desserts to 47 . One woman, Mrs. Gilbert, 48 Dario’s mother with a book of piano music by Chopin.
“I heard you playing the other night,” she said. “The sounds woke me out of bed. I 49 that you might play like this every night. So I wrote a short note. I hope you don’t think I disliked the playing.”
Dario’s mother smiled at Mrs. Gilbert. “I think maybe we 50 you an apology.” she said. “I didn’t 51 how late it was when we were playing. Maybe we should play some quieter music at night.
“You play, you play!” Mrs. Gilbert said. “I like what you play! Just not so loud at night.” She pointed to the book she had given them. “These songs are not such 52 music.”
“These songs are beautiful music.” Dario’s mother said. “We will be 53 to play them in the evening.”
“And we won’t play so loud or late!” Dario said. He was already looking forward to 54 the new music. More than that, however, he was happy to see the big smile on his mother’s face. It gave him a feeling of 55 and made him feel that they were home at last.
36. A. sat B. stood C. lay D. walked
37. A. voice B. ring C. music D. cry
38. A. therefore B. however C. otherwise D. instead
39. A. note B. poster C. bill D.report
40. A. proud B. rich C. lucky D. nice
41. A. neighbors B. friends C. relatives D. audience
42. A. blame B. instruct C. question D. visit
43. A. party B. concert C. show D. play
44. A. experience B. idea C. performance D. action
45. A. to B. with C. for D. from
46. A. continued B. arrived C. passed D. finished
47. A. order B. sell C. share D. advertise
48. A. treated B. presented C. helped D. served
49. A. promised B. admitted C. agreed D. worried
50. A. give B. send C. offer D. owe
51. A. realize B. remember C. understand D. accept
52. A. sweet B. strange C. funny D. loud
53. A. brave B. sorry C. happy D. afraid
54. A. changing B. practicing C. recording D. writing
55. A. equality B. freedom C. warmth D. sympathy
36. A 37. C 38. B 39. A 40. D 41. A 42. D 43. A 44. B 45. C
46. B 47. C 48. B 49. D 50. D 51. A 52. D 53. C 54. B 55. C
41. A 考查名词辨析。A. neighbors邻居们;B. friends朋友们;C. relatives亲属，亲戚;D. audiences听众。此题线索明显，全文都是围绕主人公和周围邻居展开的，故选A。
42. D 考查动词辨析。A. blame归咎于，指责;B. instruct通知，命令;C. questio
43. A 考查名词辨析。A. party聚会;B. concert音乐会;C. show展览;D.play游戏，比赛。此题为线索题且为原词复现，由后文可知母子为解决此事办了一场派对，并邀请了邻居们，故选A。
44. B 考查名词辨析。A. experience经历，经验;B. idea主意;C. performance表演;D. action行为。此题可排除得知，母子打算办派对，这是一个打算，一个主意，而不是经历、表演表现或行为。故选B。
45. C 考查介词辨析。A. to到;B. with伴随着;for为了;D. from来自。
46. B 考查动词辨析。A. continue继续;B. arrive到达;C. pass通过;D. finish完成。根据上文，他们举办了一次聚会，准备许久，这一天终于到来了，故选B。
47. C 考查动词辨析。A. order命令，点菜;B. sell买;C. share分享;D. advertise做广告。根据本句话的意思：甚至有人带了甜点来分享，故选C。
48. B 考查动词辨析。A. treat招待，治疗;B. present呈现;C. help帮助;D. serve为……服务。这道题有难度，根据本句话的意思：Mrs.Gilbert送给了Dario的妈妈一本音乐书，能表达出“送”这个动作的，就是present“呈现…，给…”，故选B。
49. D 考查动词辨析。A. promise承诺;B. admit许可进入;C. agree同意;D. serve服务。根据题意，Mrs.Gilbert之所以留了一张抱怨小纸条是担心每天晚上都会这么吵，故选D。
50. D 考查动词辨析。A. give给;B. send发送;C. offer提供;D. owe感激，欠……债。这个空可以看作是固定搭配，owe sb. an apology 应该向某人道歉。故选D。
51. A 考查动词辨析。A. realize意识到;B. remember记起;C. understand 理解，懂的;D. accept 接受。Dario的妈妈道歉说：我也没意识到当时那么晚了我们还在弹钢琴。应该选择“意识到”这个动词，故选A。
52. D 考查形容词辨析。A. sweet甜的;B. strange奇怪的，陌生的;C. funny滑稽的;D. loud 声音大的，吵闹的。根据上一句：I like what you play! Just not so loud at night.说明Mrs. Gilbert 不喜欢那么吵的音乐，因此她送了Dario的妈妈一本比较安静的音乐书，也就是不那么吵的音乐(not such loud music)。故选D。
53. C 考查形容词辨析。A. brave勇敢的;B. sorry抱歉的;C. happy快乐的;D. afraid害怕的。通过上文：These songs are beautiful music, 说明Dario的妈妈很喜欢这些音乐，所以we will be happy to play them。故选C。
54. B 考查动词辨析。A. change变化;B. practice 练习，实践;C. record记录;D. write写作。根据题意，应该是练习音乐，故选B。
55. C 考查名词辨析。A. quality品质;B. freedom自由;C. warmth温暖;
D. sympathy同情心;看本句话后半部分：and made him feel that they were home at last. 如在家中一样，那就应该感受到了温暖，故选C。