I. Listening Comprehension
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. Six years ago. B. Seven years ago.
C. Eight years ago. D. Nine years ago.
2. A. See a film with the woman. B. Attend a charity show.
C. Get ready for a charity show. D. Make a new movie.
3. A. She is going to be the man’s neighbor. B. She has just moved into a new house.
C. She is arranging a family trip. D. She arrived in Canada yesterday.
4. A. How to pay the registration fee. B. Why to use a credit card.
C. When to send a cheque. D. Where to pay cash.
5. A. Film stars. B. Radio hosts.
C. Pop singers. D. Composers.
6. A. He drove her to the airport. B. He followed her to the airport.
C. He bought her a map of the airport. D. He lined out the route to the airport on a map.
7. A. The man should apply for a bank loan.
B. The man should work in a bank to get money.
C. The man should turn to someone available for help.
D. The man should take other students’ approaches.
8. A. Both the tennis courts and the table tennis tables are free.
B. Neither of the tennis courts and table tennis tables are free.
C. The table tennis tables are free, but the tennis courts are not.
D. The tennis courts are free, but the table tennis tables are not.
9. A. In a factory. B. In a school.
C. In a gym. D. In a lab.
10. A. A stationer’s. B. A paint shop.
C. A bookstore. D. A drawing class.
Directions: In Section B, you will hear one short passage and two longer conversations. After each passage or conversation, you will be asked several questions. The passage and the conversations will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. To arouse people’s interest in pop music. B. To provide more information about the music.
C. To have it lined with the main building. D. To display a separate and different section.
12. A. It once experienced serious damage. B. Its rebuilding was an easy job.
C. It is owned by a rich family. D. It opens for 362 days every year.
13. A. Museum visitors. B. Government workers.
C. Music authors. D. Individual donators.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following conversation.
14. A. 4:00 p.m. in the classroom. B. 7:00 p.m. in the classroom.
C. 4:00 p.m. in the garden. D. 7:00 p.m. in the garden.
15. A. He has classes at that time. B. He is travelling abroad.
C. He doesn’t like barbeque. D. He hasn’t prepared a gift.
16. A. A watch. B. A card. C. A ball. D. A headphone.
Questions 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
17. A. The tickets have to be booked in advance. B. It will be performed at 6 p.m.
C. There will be two performances. D. It will be on at the theatre.
18. A. The Piazza. B. The Concert Hall.
C. The theatre. D. The Town Hall.
19. A. $8. B. $10. C. $15. D. $20.
20. A. Art Exhibition. B. Ballet Performance. C. Mask Party. D. Living Theatre.