1. Some 25,000 people were reported ______ in the ever recorded worst earthquake in Iran, which occurred late this month.
A. were killed B. to be killed
C. killing D. to have been killed
2._____ the teacher's suggestion, Tom finally found a way to settle the problem.
A. Following B. To follow C. Follow D. He followed
3.______ that no one was ever prepared for it.
A. So suddenly did the bad news come
B. So suddenly the bad news came
C. So did the bad news come suddenly
D. Did the bad news come so suddenly
4."______ the friendship between our two people last forever!", and with this sincere hope, the president concluded his speech.
A. Could B. May C. Would D. Must
5.We need a more capable leader, ______ with strong will and as well as good humour.
A. who B. that C. one D. which
6. Many people attend various public lectures, chiefly ______ themselves familiar with the latest development of different fields.
A. getting B. to get C. to have got D. got
7.It is no longer a problem _______ the poor children in this district can go to school.
A. that B. whether C. so D. because
8. Of all the applicants, ______ do you think is fit for the position?
A. who B. whoever C. whomever D. whichever
9.Part of the work is to be finished today and ______ by this weekend.
A. another B. the others C. the rest D. the other
10.Generally speaking, the hard one works, _______.
A. the better he gets result
B. the better result he gets
C. he gets better result
D. does he get better result
1. D 当不定式所表示的动作先于谓语动词所表示的动作时，不定式用完成时，且kill与逻辑主语people之间是被动关系，故选D
2. A Following做伴随状语，修饰 found。伴随状语只有两种形式，主动用 following 形式;被动用followed形式
3. A 本句测试的是so---ad.---that…结果状语从句的倒装结构，即so – ad.提到主语之前，主句用部分倒状。
4. B May用在第二，三人称的疑问式结构中表示"祝愿"。
5. C one做 leader的同位语
7. A 句中it是形式主语，代替 that引导的主语从句。
9. C 在四个选项中只有the rest可以代替可数名词或不可数名词，其它三个只代替可数名词。上句work是不可数名词，所以答案是C.