We know the mosquito very well. Mosquitoes fly everywhere. They can be found almost all over the world, and there are more than 2,500 kinds of them.
No one likes the mosquito. But the mosquito may decide that she loves you. She? Yes, she. It’s true that male mosquito doesn’t bite(咬) and only the female mosquito bites because she needs blood to lay eggs. She is always looking for things or people she wants to bite. If she likes what she finds, she bites. But if she doesn’t like your blood, she will turn to someone else for more delicious blood. Next time a mosquito bites you, just remember you are chosen. You’re different from the others!
If the mosquito likes you, she lands on your body without letting you know. She bites you so quickly and quietly that you may not feel anything different. After she bites, you will have an itch(痒) on your body because she puts something from her mouth together with your blood. By the time the itching begins, and she has flown away.
And then what happens? Well, after her delicious dinner, the mosquito feels tired. She just wants to find a place to have a good rest. There, on a leaf or a wall, she begins to lay eggs, hundreds of eggs.
1. “Mosquito” means _______ in Chinese.
A. 苍蝇 B. 蜻蜓 C. 跳蚤 D. 蚊子
2. We know mosquitoes very well because ___________.
A. they can be found easily B. they fly here and there C. there are many kinds of them D. they can fly
3. If the mosquito doesn’t bite you, it will ________.
A. get angry with you B. be afraid of you C. make a lot of noise D. choose another one
4. The mosquito bites you _________.
A. when you’re asleep B. because you have choose it C. too quickly to let you know D. but doesn’t like you
5. Which of the following sentences is wrong?
A. The itching begins after the mosquito bites you. B. You feel terrible when the mosquito bites you.
C. Mosquitoes use blood to lay eggs. D. All the mosquitoes don’t like to bite people for blood.
2. B。“We know the mosquito very well. Mosquitoes fly everywhere.”一句是答案的出处。
3. D。答案就在“But if she doesn’t like your blood, she will turn to someone else for more delicious blood.”这句话之中。
4. C。答案的依据是“…she lands on your body without letting you know. She bites you so quickly and quietly that you may not feel anything different.”一句。