Mr. Wang teaches English in a middle school. He likes his work very much. He wanted 1 a teacher even when he was a young boy.
There are six classes in a school day at Mr. Wang's middle school. Mr. Wang teachers five of these six classes. 2 his "free" hour from 2 to 3 in the afternoon, Mr. Wang 3 meet with parents, check students' homework and 4 many other things. So Mr. Wang works hard from the moment he gets to school early in the morning until he leaves for home late in the afternoon, and his "free" hour is not free at all.
In his English lesson, Mr. Wang sometimes teaches poems (诗). He likes poems very much, and he likes Li Bai’s poems 5 of all.
In his fifth class today, Mr. Wang taught a poem. He wrote the poem on the blackboard and read it. As soon as he finished 6 the poem, the students began to ask questions. He answered all the questions. Then he asked his students to talk about the poem. 7 one wanted to stop when the bell rang.
8 home, Mr. Wang thought about the fifth class. He was happy about what he did as a teacher. Every one of his students 9 the poem. When they started to talk, they forgot about the time. He did not have to make them 10 . He only had to answer their questions and help them understand the poem.
1. A. was B. being C. to be D. be
2. A. In B. At C. To D. On
3. A. has to B. has C. able to D. will
4. A. take care for B. care of
C. take care of D. be careful of
5. A. better B. good C. well D. best
6. A. reading B. to read C. read D. doing
7. A. Not B. No C. Have no D. Any
8. A. By the way B. To his way
C. On his way D. In the way
9. A. liked B. asked C. had D. wanted
10. A. learning B. to learn
C. learn D. leant
1. C。语法结构 want后面跟不定式。
3. A。has to意思是“不得不，必须”。这里引出所要做的事。
5. D。此句后面有 at all这一比较范围，故用最高级。
8. C。on one’s way home意思是“在回家的路上”。
10. C。语法结构：make sb.do sth。