“Ring…Ring…” the telephone suddenly rang. Sam got up to ______(1) the call. It was his aunt.
“Sam, ______(2) are you still at home?” she asked surprisingly.
Sam looked at the clock. It was already 7:30 am.
“Oh, my goodness! There‟s an important ______(3) today,” Sam shouted out.
He hurried to wash his face and get dressed. When he was going to leave the house, he ______(4) that he had not put away his books. He ran quickly to the desk and put them into the bag.
He then went to the bus stop to go to school as ______(5) as he could. When he got into the classroom his classmates were busy writing.
“Why are you so ______(6)?” asked the teacher.
“I‟m sorry, sir,” Sam answered, afraid of looking up. “It was my clock…It ______(7) to wake me up this morning and…”
“Don‟t‟ say anything about it!” his teacher ______(8) him. “Don‟t‟ try to come late next time!”
Sam said yes and walked to his ______(9) quickly. But when he tried to do the paper, he could not think in a right way. He put his head on the desk and said, “What a ______(10) day it has been for me!”
1. A. find B. give C. put D. answer
2. A. why B. how C. when D. where
3. A. talk B. party C. exam D. meeting
4. A. forgot B. remembered C. understood D. thought
5. A. carefully B. quietly C. early D. fast
6. A. late B. ill C. lonely D. ready
7. A. happened B. stopped C. failed D. pointed
8. A. helped B. knew C. followed D. stopped
9. A. room B. table C. seat D. teacher
10. A. short B. bad C. happy D. usual