1. Doing lots of listening practice is one of ________ best ways of becoming ________ good language learner.
A. the; the B. the; a C. 不填; a D. the; 不填
2. We decide to make ________ a rule for us room-mates to turn off the lights at 10:30 pm.
A. that B. this C. it D. one
3. My teacher gave me much ________ on how to study English well when I had some trouble.
A. advice B. question C. suggestion D. problem
4.—How do you like the fish I cooked for you?
—I haven’t had it yet. However, it ________ good.
A. smells B. tastes C. sounds D. feels
5. I’d love to go to the English evening. But I’m a little ________, because I will be asked to sing an English song in front of the whole school.
A. tired B. sad C. nervous D. pleased
6. It is believed that ________ December 21st, 1891, the first basketball game in history was played.
A. on B. in C. at D. by
7.—Have you finished your homework yet?
—Yes. I _________ it twenty minutes ago.
A. have finished B. finished C. will finish D. had finished
8. People who eat a balanced diet should be ________ than those who only eat hamburgers.
A. clever B. cleverer C. healthy D. healthier
9.—Which of the two pairs of shoes will you take?
—I’ll take ________. They are too small for me.
A. both B. all C. either D. neither
10. Look, so many people are running out of the station. I wonder what ________.
A. is happened B. was happening C. is happening D. had happened
11.—Look, someone left a book.
—Oh, yeah … This book ________be Kitty’s. Only she likes to read this kind of books.
A. can B. must C. may D. might
12. “Learning from Lei Feng Day” is only two weeks from now. We need to ________ a plan about it.
A. come up with B. put up C. call up D. set up
13.—When will you return the book to me?
—I’ll give it to you _________ I finish it.
A. once B. until C. as soon as D. unless
14.—Look at the flowers I gave you last month. They are dying! ________ do you water them?
—Sorry, I forgot to water them.
A. How long B. How often C. How soon D. How much
15.—Why don’t you join an English language club to practice speaking English?
A. It’s my pleasure B. Take it easy
C. That’s all right D. That’s a good idea
1—5 BCAAC 6—10
ABDDC 11—15 BACBD