1. We all think that _____ no need to make laws to prevent the young from getting married during their college life.
A. it is
B. there has
C. it has
D. there is
2. Postage ______, the necklace will cost you at least 650 yuan.
D. to be included
3. With his eyes ______ on the family album, he thought of the fun he had when he lived with his parents.
C. to be fixed
D. being fixed
4. George applied for the position three times ______ he finally got it.
5. This robot is supposed to save a lot of labor, but it remains a problem if it ______.
6. There were many more people who got injured in the big fire than _______.
A. was reported
B. it was reported
C. were reported
D. they were reported
7. He doesn't know what to say, for it is the first time that he ______ with a girl.
A. went out
B. goes out
C. has gone out
D. had gone out
8. _______ which way to take, the little boy behaved like a real gentleman who comforted his sister from time to time.
A. Leaving to wonder
B. Having left to wonder
C. Left wondering
D. Left to wonder
9. During the tourist season, there are many people wandering in this city to see the old castles _____ in the sixteenth century.
A. to be built
B. being built
C. having been built
10. When do you think ______ start the new attack?
A. they will
B. will they
C. they can
D. can they
11. Some 25,000 people were reported ______ in the ever recorded worst earthquake in Iran, which occurred late this month.
A. were killed
B. to be killed
D. to have been killed
12. _____ the teacher's suggestion, Tom finally found a way to settle the problem.
B. To follow
D. He followed
13. ______ that no one was ever prepared for it.
A. So suddenly did the bad news come
B. So suddenly the bad news came
C. So did the bad news come suddenly
D. Did the bad news come so suddenly
14. "______ the friendship between our two people last forever!", and with this sincere hope, the president concluded his speech.
15. We need a more capable leader, ______ with strong will and as well as good humour.