1. The old man felt very sad with his son’s __________ in the battle.
B. being killed
D. to be killed
2. Why do you have the water ________ all the time?
B. to be runnin
g C. running
3. The students are told to have their exercise _________ in before 5.
B. to hand
4. What he said made us greatly _________.
5. What seemed _________ to him didn’t ______ us at all.
A. interesting; interesting
B. interesting; interest
C. interested; interest
D. interesting; interested
6. --- Good morning, can I help you?
--- I’d like to have this package ____________, madam.
A. be weighed
B. to be weighed
C. to weigh
7. _________ more attention, the trees could have grown better.
B. To give
D. Having given
8. I remember I heard this song _________ in a concert but I’ve never heard you _________ it.
A. being sung; sang
B. sang; singing
C. sung; sing
D. to be sung; to sing
9. When they saw the Olympic Games, they got very ___________.
10. The __________ look on his face suggested that he __________ that.
A. surprising; had expected
B. surprised; hadn’t expected
C. surprising; would expect
D. surprised; shouldn’t expected