1. Edward, ________ university student from Europe, teaches us ______art in his spare time.
A. an, / B. an, an C. a, / D. an , the
2. —How about this dictionary?
—Very useful. I'll buy it, _______ it is expensive.
A. and B. or C. however D. though
3. Two days isn’t enough for me to finish the work. I need ____ day.
A. a third B. the third C. the other D. other
4. Now some trains are running faster and faster, but they stop few times than usual ________.
A. in the way B. by the way C. on the way D. in a way
5. Mr Brown might phone me this afternoon, if he ____, ____ him to ring again tomorrow morning.
A. does, to tell B. will ring, tell C. does, tell D. rings, tell
6. If I had _______________, I'd visit Europe, stopping at all the small interesting places.
A. a long enough holiday B. an enough long holiday
C. a holiday enough long D. a long holiday enough
7. Can you tell me _______________ tomorrow?
A. what’s the weather going to be like
B. what the weather is going to be like
C. how is the weather going to be like
D. how is the weather going to be
8. It must be colder tomorrow than today, ______ it?
A. mustn’t B. won’t C. isn’t D. can’t
9. John was made ________ the truck for a week as a punishment.
A. to wash B. washing C. wash D. to be washing
10.---Shall I give you a ride as you live so far away ?
A. It couldn’t be better B. Of course you can
C. If you like D. It’s up to you