1.---- What do you think about the measures taken to prevent global warming?
---- On whole, they’re good.
A. the; a B. the; the C. ∕; a D. ∕; the
2. ---- Let’s play football together tomorrow afternoon.
---- Ok, but how I wish I it as skillfully as you.
A. played B. have played C. had played D. will play
3. Sorry, I am too busy now. If I time, I would certainly go for an outing with you.
A. have had B. had had C. have D. had
4. the president of the company, I wish all of you a good journey back home.
A. In spite of B. On behalf of
C. In return for D. In exchange for
5. If Tony what his father said seriously, he wouldn’t have got into such great trouble.
A. took B. had taken C. has taken D. would take
6. One of the many advantages of working at home is that you have schedules to take care of the family.
A. convenient B. flexible C. smooth D. permanent
7. Because of its good dishes and excellent service, the restaurant develops so fast that it has more than10 now.
A. branches B. business C. deals D. bunches
8. Talking to babies constantly makes easier for them to develop their language skills.
A. this B. that C. it D. one
9. All scientists subscribe to the view the increase in the earth’s temperature is due to the burning of fossil fuels like coal, natural gas and oil to produce energy.
A. that B. which C. where D. what
10. The film Tiny Times directed by Guo Jingming has brought in more than 0.2 billion Yuan,
is beyond his wildest dreams.
A. when B. where C. which D. that
11. The new survey shows that regular meals that teens have together with their parents can
some long-term benefits for them.
A. lies in B. suffer from C. result in D. result from
12. means that more heat energy tends to be trapped in the atmosphere causing the global temperature to go up.
A. This B. That C. There D. It
13. He has been living in Hainan for two years, and he is now to the hot weather.
A. accountable B. accepted C. addicted D. accustomed
14. ---- How did you like Nick’s performance last night?
---- To be honest, his singing didn’t to me much.
A. appeal B. belong C. refer D. apply
15. The book on how to learn foreign languages is reading, so I advised her to _ it from the school library.
A. worth; borrow B. worthwhile; lend
C. worthy; borrow D. Worthy; lend