1. ____ the temperature, _____ water turns into steam.
A. The high; the fast
. Higher; faster
C. The more higher; the faster
D. The higher; the faster
2. If you had told me in advance, I ____ her at the airport.
A. would meet
B. would have met
D. had met
3. I stood there, _____ the broadcast.
A. being listened to
B. listening to
C. to listen to
D. listened to
4. The machine was kept_____ for a month.
C. being run
D. having run
5. You ____ make noise in the classroom.
A. may not
C have not to
6. ____ is absent from school today.
7. In Britain, the best season of the year is probably _____ spring.
8. Usually there is _____ traffic in the streets on weekdays than on Sundays.
9. _____ Mrs. Johnson on my way to the shops.
A. It happened me that I looked
B. It happened me that I met
C. I happened to look
D. I happened to meet
10. _____ it is very late now, these managers are still working in the office.