21. Outside my office window there is a fire ____ on the right.
A. escape B. ladder C. steps D. stairs
22. I ____with the Browns during my stay in New York City.
A. put in B. put down C. put on D. put up
23. Operations which left patients ____ and in need of long periods of discovery time now leave them feeling relaxed and comfortable.
A. exhausted B. unhealthy C. upset D. fearful
24. Farmers are allowed to grow small gardens of their own and they sell their vegetables ____ the black market.
A. on B. at C. in D. for
25. The electric fan does not work because of the ____of service.
A. pause B. break C. interruption D. breakdown
6. It to see so many children in that mountainous area cannot even afford elementary education.
A. pains her B. makes her pain C. is paining D. is pained
7. Our boss， Mr. Thompson， a raise in salary for ages， but nothing has happened yet.
A. was promising B. has been promising
C. promised D. has promised
8. A dream is to a person is wings are to a bird.
A. that B. which C. what D. as
9. The man sitting opposite me smiled dreamily， as if something pleasant in the past.
A. to remember B. remembered
C. having been remembered D. remembering
10. I him the Christmas gift by mail because he came home during the Christmas holidays.
A. ought to have sent B. couldn't have sent
C. must have sent D. needn't have sent
1-10 ADAAC ABCDD