各地
资讯
当前位置:考试网 >> 英语六级考试 >> 六级翻译 >> 汉译英 >> 六级翻译辅导:汉译英分项指导-策略、手段和做法

六级翻译辅导:汉译英分项指导-策略、手段和做法

考试网   2011-03-09   【

1.敷衍搪塞  give someone the runaround

别拿话儿搪塞我们,我们只是想知道你到底是同意还是不同意。

Don’t give us the runaround. We’d just like to know whether you agree or not.

2.哭穷 to poor-mouth

别跟我哭穷了,我还不知道你的底细?

Don’t poor-mouth to me. I have your number.

3.白吃白喝 a freeloader

我可不愿白吃白喝别人。我不是那种爱占便宜的人。

I wouldn’t freeload .I’m not a freeloader.

4.牵线搭桥 pull the strings

听说你公司有个空位,我很想去试一试。但你能先为我牵线搭桥么?

I hear there’s an opening in your company and I would like to fill it. But will you pull some strings for me?

5.甩掉 palm of f

他让你赶紧把手中的次品都甩掉。

He urged you palm off all the shoddy goods immediately.

6.得罪某人get in Dutch with someone

张名得罪了他的上司,几个月后就被开除了。

Zhang Ming got in Dutch with his boss and in a few months he was sacked.

7.说别人的闲话dish the dirt about…

她特别喜欢说别人的闲话,是我们这出了名的长舌妇。

She is a notorious gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.

8.挂个电话 give a buzz

在来之前请先给我挂个电话,以免让你扑空。

Give me a buzz before coming so that you won’t come to a locked door.

9.写封信 drop me a line自www.Examw.com

有空了给我写封信

Drop me a line when you have time.

10.榨干血汗 bleed one white

他们是在设法榨干你身上所有的钱。

They are trying to bleed you white.

11.结伙对付某人 gang up on somebody

一些较大的贸易公司纠结在一起来对付我们,打算把我们从该行业中排挤出去。

Some fairly large trading companies ganged up on us, trying t force us out of that business.

12.无言以对 not find one’s tongue

起初他还挺硬,可是当警察出示经他篡改的文件并问他是怎么一回事的时候,他却无言以对了。

He was arrogant at the beginning, but the moment when the police showed the documents he had doctored and asked him what the matter was, he could not find his tongue.

12
纠错评论责编:sallylsl
相关推荐
热点推荐»