1. The revelationof his past led to his resignation.
A. imagination B. disclosure
C. confirmation D.recall
答案为B. revelation(揭露) – disclosure(揭露)
2. Jensenis a dangerous man, and can be very brutal.
A. careless B. cruel
C. strong D.hard
答案为B. brutal(残忍的) – cruel
3. You’llhave to sprint if you want to catch the train.
A. jump B.escape
C. run D.prepare
答案为C. sprint (快速奔跑) – run(奔跑)
4. We areworried about this fluid situation full with uncertainty.
A. changeable B. stable
C. suitable D.adaptable
答案为A. fluid(不稳定的) – changeable (易变的)
5. Thenew garment fits her perfectly.
A. haircut B.purse
C. clothes D.necklace
答案为C. garment(衣服) – clothes(衣服)
6. Thephobia may have its root in a childhood trauma.
A. fear B.joy
C. hurt D.memory
答案为C. trauma(精神上的创伤) – hurt (感情上的伤心或痛苦)
7. Theyhave to build canals to irrigate the desert.
A. decorate B. water
C. change D.visit
答案为B. irrigate(灌溉) – water(给…浇水)
8. Heroverall language proficiency remains that of a toddler.
A. disabled B.pupil
C. teenager D. baby
答案为D. toddler(学步的儿童) – baby (婴儿)
9. Thecoastal area has very mild winter, but the central plains remainextremely cold.
A. warm B.severe
C. hard D.dry
答案为A. mild(温暖的) – warm(温暖的)
10. Thedetails of the costume were totally authentic.
A. real B. outstanding
C. creative D. false
答案为A. authentic(逼真的) – real (逼真的)
11. Weare aware of the potential problems.
A. global B. possible
C. ongoing D.central
答案为B. potential(可能的)- possible(可能的)
12. Theidea was quite brilliant.
A. positive B. clever
C. key D. original
答案为B. brilliant(绝妙的) – clever (聪明的)
13. Stockmarket price tumbled after rumor of a rise in interest rate.
A. regulated B. increased
C. maintained D. fell
答案为C. tumbled(暴跌) –fell(下降)
14. Thecourse gives you basic instructions in car maintenance.
A. coaching B. idea
C. term D. aspect
答案为A. instructions (指导说明)—coaching(教导)
15. Allhouses within 100 metres of the seas at risk of flooding.
A. in danger B. out of control
C. between equals D. in particular
答案为A indanger of (处于危险中)— at risk of (处于风险中)