1. Only people over 18 are eligible to vote.
A. honest B.qualified
C. enabled D.clever
2. The latest car model embodies thenew research development.
A. lists B. includes
C. borrows D.broadens
3. The coastal area has very mild winter, but the central plains remain extreme
A. severe B.hard
C.warm D. dry
4. Sheis an artist whose work will undoubtedly withstand the test of time.
A. grade B.attract
C. bear D. suffer
5. Hewore a shabby thin overcoat in the cold winter so that he fell ill.
C. new D.small
6. The weather was so gorgeous thatmany people went outing.
A. uncontrollable B. pleasant
C. cloudy D. unbearable
7. Competitors must abide by thejudge's decision
A. keep B. read
C. understand D. obey
8. The umbrella was ingeniously devisedto fold up into the pocket.
A. seriously B. cleverly
C. attentively D. carefully
9. Some newspapers in the west are notably biased.
C. totally D. fairly
10. His answers were obscure and confusing.
C. clear D. direct
11. The way she looked after her youngsister was really touching
A. disturbing B. connecting
12. We are worried about this fluid situationfull with uncertainty.
A. stable B. suitable
13. They have built canals to irrigatethe desert.
A. decorate B.change
C. visit D.water
14. The details of the costume were totally authentic.
A. outstanding B. real
C. creative D. false
15. The new garment fits herperfectly.
C. purse D.necklace