1. The majority of people around here are decent.
2. The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
3. The committee was asked to render a report on the housing situation.
4. Afterwards there was just a feeling of let-down.
5. Several windows had been smashed.
6. The worst agonies of the war were now beginning.
7. London quickly became a flourishing port.
8. She felt that she had done her good deed for the day.
9. He led a very moral life.
10. His stomach felt hollow with fear.
11. It was a majic night until the spell was broken.
12. His professional career spanned 16 years.
13. They are trying to identify what is wrong with the present system.
14. His knowledge of French is fair.
A. very useful
B. very limited
C. quite good
D. rather special
15. The group does not advocate the use of violence.