1. This was disaster on cosmic scale.
A. modest B. commercial C. huge D. national
2. New secretaries came and went with monotonous regularity.
A. amazing B. depressing C. predictable D. dull
3.A person’s wealthis often in inverse proportion to their happiness.
A. equal B. certain C.large D. opposite
4. His professional career spanned 16 years.
A. started B. changed C. lasted D. moved
5. The symptoms of the disease manifested themselves ten days later.
A. eased B. improved C.relieved D. appeared
6. The group does not advocate the use of violence.
A. limit B. support C.regulate D. oppose
7. She felt that she had done her good deedfor the day.
A. actB. homework C. justice D. model
8. Some of the larger birds can remain stationary in the air for several minutes.
A. motionless B. silent C. seated D. true
9. There was an inclination to treat geography as a less importantsubject.
A. point B. result C.finding D. tendency
10. His stomach felt hollow with fear.
A. sincere B. respectful C. empty D. terrible
11. The committee was asked to render a report on the housing situation.
A. copy B. publish C.summarize D. furnish
12. That uniform makes the guards look absurd.
A. serious B. beautiful C. impressive D. ridiculous
13. The department deferred the decision for six months.
A. put off B. arrived at C. abided by D. protested against
14. The original experiment cannot be exactly duplicated .
A. invented B. reproduced C. designed D. reported
15. The country was torn apart by strife.
A. conflict B. poverty C. war D. economy