1. He shifted his position a little in order to (alleviate) the pain in his leg.
A.control B. easy C. experience D. suffer
2. Our aim was to (update) the health service, and we succeeded.
A.offer B. provide C. modernize D. fund
3. She moves from one (exotic) location to another.
A.unusual B. familiar C. similar D. proper
4. Nothing would (induce) me to vote for him again.
A.teach B. help C. discourage D. attract
5. The photographs (evoked) strong memories of our holiday in France.
A.refreshed B. stored C. blocked D. erased
6. The weather was (crisp) and clear and you could see the mountains fifty miles away.
A.hot B. heavy C. fresh D. windy
7. Every week the magazine presents the (profile) of a well-known sports personality.
A.success B. description C. evidence D. plan
8. Her comments about men are (utterly) ridiculous completely.
A. slightly B. completely C. partly D. faintly
9. The walls are made of (hollow) concrete blocks.
A . big B. empty C. long D. now
10. We almost (ran into) a Rolls-Royce that pulled out in front of us without signaling.
A. overtook B. hit C. passed D. found