1.The study has posed a question about this nature.
2.The judges must exercise the power to end the case.
3.What people often talk about is their dream.
4.If we had discussed it with the manager, he would have surely agreed with it.
5.Please don't refuse his help because he is so kind a man.
A. turn down
B. go down
C. put down
D. pull down
6.The factory can produce a lot of rubbish every day.
7.Tell me the exact time when the next train will arrive.
8.One's education background often affects his or her way of life.
9.The girl felt shy and uneasy when she was asked to answer the teacher's question.
10. He has a lot of wealth and then he is so generous.
11. Parents should not only complain to teachers for students' performance.
A. feel unhappy
B. say badthings
12. This program is so boring that I don't want to watch it anymore.
13. What were the effects of the action she took?
14. People haven't realized the seriousness which this earthquake has caused.
15. The government should take measures immediately.
A. far away
B. right away
C. right here
D. all right
16. The firemen acted quickly because lives were at stake.
A. in danger
B. in despair
C. in condition
D. in control
17. John talked over the new program with his workmates.
18. They are ready to try their way to solve the problem.
19. The workers finally called offthe strike.
A. put off
D. took off
20. The government has protected farmers from damaging drops in grain prices since the drought.