1. All houses within 100 meters of the seas are at risk of flooding.
A. In danger B. out of control C. between equals D. in particular
2. The course gives you basic instruction in maintenance.
A. Idea B. term C. aspect D. coaching
3. We are aware of the potential problem.
A. Possible B. global C. ongoing D. central
4. Stock market price tumbled after rumor of a rise in interest rate.
A. Regulated B. increase C. fell D. maintained
5. The revelation of his pas led to his resignation.
A. Imagination B. confirmation C. recall D. disclosure
6. The details of the costume were totally authentic.
A. Real B. outstanding C. creative D. false
7. The new garment fits her perfectly.
A. Haircut B. purse C. clothes D. necklace
8. We are worried about this fluid situation full with uncertainty.
A. Stable B. suitable C. changeable D. adaptable
9. The idea was quite brilliant.
A. Positive B. key C. original D. clever
10. They have built canals to irrigate the desert.
A. Decorate B. change C. water D. visit
11. Her overall language proficiency remains that of a toddler.
A. Disabled B. pupil C. baby D. teenager
12. The coastal area has very mild winter, but the central plains remain extremely cold.
A. Warm B. severe C. hard D. dry
13. The phobia may have its roots in a childhood trauma.
A. Fear B. joy C. hurt D. memory
14. You will have to sprint if you want to catch the train.
A. Jump B. run C. escape D. prepare
15. Jensen is a dangerous man, and can be very brutal.
A. Careless B. strong C. cruel D. hard