1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A university should focus more on its facilities, such as libraries. computers or laboratory. rather than on hiring famous teachers.
2. Some people say that we should always follow our dreams. even if the dreams are very ambitious. Others think that we should focus on achieving realistic goals. Which view do you agree with?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who try to acquire more than one skill are more likely to become successful than people who just focus on one skill.
4. People often buy products not because they really need but because other people have them.
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more enjoyable to have a job and work long hours for three days in a week than to work shorter hours for five days in a week.
6. What one of the following is the most important action for the government to take for the protection of natural environment?
(1) fund research on new energy sources such as solar and wind power;
(2) preserve natural places such as forests and natural wildlife species.
(3) pass and enforce laws to reduce the pollution produced by companies and industries
7. A high school has decided that all students must take a class in which they learn a practical skill. School administrators are trying to decide whether to hold a class in cooking, managing personal finances or auto repair. Which do you think the school should require students to take? Why?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should require every graduation student to take public speaking courses. Give specific examples and details to support your answer.
9. More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone?
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from travelling in their own country than travelling in a foreign country.