1. What are the speakers mainly discussing?
A. Possible career choices for the woman
B. Employment possibilities for the woman
C. Procedures for applying for a university job
D. Job skills the woman will need as a teacher
2. What does the counselor imply about the child-care center on campus?
Click on 2 answers.
A. It needs a coordinator for its outdoor activities.
B. It hires people who can work during the day.
C. A job there probably pays low wages.
D. A job there requires a long-term commitment.
3. What is the main purpose of the questionnaire that the counselor asks the woman to fill out?
A. To give feedback on the services provided by the career services office
B. To help career counselors monitor students as they search for jobs
C. To help career counselors keep track of how many students have been placed in jobs
D. To help students identify their abilities and preferences
4. When should the woman make another appointment with the counselor?
A. After she searches the job database
B. After she revises her resume
C. After she visits a child-care center
D. After she talks to the director of the campus child-care center
5. What can be inferred about the woman?
A. She does not remember where the child-care center is located.
B. She would like the counselor to show her where the child-care center is located.
C. She did not know that the university has a child-care center.
D. She did not know that the child-care center recently moved to a new location.
1. What does the woman hope to find out by going to the art museum?
A. What types of volunteer positions are available for students
B. How much she would be paid for working as a tour guide
C. Whether alternative arrangements can be made for becoming a tour guide
D. Why a particular museum employee has not returned her phone calls
2. Why does the woman mention a test that she has to take
A. To explain why she is unable to attend a training session
B. To let the man know that she will be late for the tour on Monday
C. To list one requirement she must fulfill to receive extra credit
D. To show that she is aware of what she must do to become a tour guide
3. Why does the woman want to start working at the art museum before the current semester ends?
A. To fulfill a graduation requirement
B. To improve her grade in a class
C. To earn money for the following semester
D. To conduct research for a paper
4. What does the man imply when he mentions Professor Tyler?
A. That he is familiar with the situation the woman is in
B. That the training session for new tour guides covers some of the same material covered in art history classes
C. That Professor Tyler recognizes which students would make good tour guides
D. That Professor Tyler may have given the woman incorrect information about the job
5. According to the man, why might the woman want to consider a data processing position
Click on 2 answers.
A. It is probably more exciting than working as a tour guide.
B. It would allow the woman to begin working immediately.
C. It would give the woman experience in her major.
D. It could eventually lead to a paying job.