1. Talk about an experience that you hurt someone’s feeling.
2. Describe a job you admired but you will NOT choose it yourself.
3. Describe a time when you learned a new subject.
4. Talk about an important decision that you have made. Explain why this decision was important for you in details.
5. If there's a chance for you to go on a trip, where would you like to go?
6. If you have a chance to learn something new, which of the following would you choose to learn? Flying an airplane, playing a sport or playing a musical instrument.
7. Some universities do not allow students to watch TV in the dormitories. Talk about the advantage and disadvantage of students having TV in their dorms.
8. Describe an occasion in your country where people give gifts to each other and a kind of gift that’s common.
9. Which of the following activities on weekends would you like to join? Attending sport events, visiting friends or cooking?
10. A lot of experienced and inexperienced climb mountains every year, which one of the following adjectives would you use to describe this experience? Adventurous, frightening or foolish?
11. If your parents have some extra money, how would you like them to spend it?
12. Describe one experience that your friend disappointed you and how you reacted to it.
13. Describe a common mistake that experienced teacher often make.
14. Which do you think is the best way for students to know about Italian culture? 1. cooking class; 2. movie class; 3. history class
15. Talk about one of the many characteristics your country has which you consider different from the features of other countries.
16. What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
17. Sometimes people behave impolitely in public. Describe a behavior you find inconsiderate, explain why.
18. How will you be different five years in the future than you are now?
19. What do you think is the biggest challenge for a student when they study and how to solve that challenge?
20. The school allows students to keep pets in their dorms. Do you think it is good or not?
1. Which one do you prefer? To spend money buying or owning things like clothes, computers, or to spend it on experiences like vacations or concerts.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should force their kids to continue learning to play the musical instrument when the kids want to give up.
3. Some people prefer to make plans about social activities with their friends in advance. Others prefer to make decisions when they meet each other. Which way do you prefer and why?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important element of a successful school is experienced teachers.
5. While you are on a vacation, do you prefer to spend more money or less money?
6. When your friend is about to take a visit to your house. Do you prefer them to inform you before their coming, or do you prefer a surprise visit?
7. Agree or disagree: if children do well in school, parents should give them money as rewards.
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It’s impolite to make calls or send text messages on a dinner table. explain in details.
9. Do you think it is a good thing or not to change one’s appearance through plastic surgery?
10. If there’s something you want to buy, do you prefer saving money yourself to buy it or ask someone to borrow some money to buy it?
11. Do you agree or disagree that it's better for college students to choose their major after they spend a year of two in college?
12. Do you agree or disagree that it's acceptable for students to disagree with their instructors?
13. Some people prefer recording life by taking pictures or keeping diaries, others prefer doing nothing. Which one do you prefer?
14. Which one do you prefer, taking part in a lot of activities and arranging a full schedule, or having lots of free time in your schedule?
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Friends can maintain friendship even if they have disagreements.
16. Which do you prefer? watch a movie silently or chatting with others?
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Traveling to new places would be a pleasant memory instead of a time-consuming and energy-burning task.
18. Some people prefer to shop in big shopping malls; others prefer smaller shops. Which do you prefer? Explain why in details.
19. When going to concerts and movies, some prefer to go by themselves, other prefer to go with friends. Which do you prefer?
20. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who live in small towns are nicer than those who live in big cities.