1. Describe a time when you learned a new subject.
2. Which method do you prefer in finding a job?
3. Which of the following activities do you think is the most beneficial for a child’s growth? Doing team sports, talking with others or traveling?
4. Which of the following would you rather be? Lawyer, veterinarian or restaurant owner? Explain your answer in details.
5. Your community center now offers classes on the weekends for free. Which of the following class you will choose to take? Give reason to explain your choose. 1) A financial course to help you manage money, 2) Car maintenance and repair 3) Review of Latin-American music.
6. Describe a person you want to learn more about, explain why you want to know more about this person in details.
7. Your friend is coming to your country for studying, but he or she is worried about the cost. What are the advices you can offer?
8. What is the most important habit that parents can teach their children?
9. The school wants to change food service and to include more healthy food with lower calories. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of this change?
10. Your university is planning to replace paper books with electronic books, what is the advantage and disadvantage of this plan?
11. What is the one style of clothing that the students in your school tend to wear? Why you like this style of clothing? Include specific reasons and details in your response.
12. Describe why organizing time is challenging for university students and why it is important.
13. Talk about the most important characteristics of a good apartment or house. Explain your answer in details.
14. Which one do you think is the most effective way to learn? Taking notes, discussing with classmates, repeating and reciting.
15. Many countries care about improving the educational system. How do you think the government should improve the educational system in your country?
16. If you had to volunteer for a project, which one would you choose? Planting trees, cleaning up city, recycling? Use details and examples in your response.
17. Which of the following qualities do you admire the most (or would be most interested in getting)? Art skills, language skills or sport skills? Use details and explanations in your response.
18. Do you think it’s a good idea for students to work for a year before entering university?
19. Do you think college students should be allowed to keep pets in their dormitory?
20. Which of the following quality is the most important for someone to be successful? Being highly motivated, hardworking or intelligent?
21. Your friend is always late for group events, what suggestions do you have for him?
22. Describe a serious problem that your country is facing. Explain why it is so serious.
23. Which of the following activities would you do with friends rather than alone? A. taking a walk, B. watching a movie, C. traveling
24. Which of the following library volunteer work would you choose? Helping people find the right material, reading to kids, or keeping bookshelf organized?
25. What do you do to deal with homesick when you are away from home? Please include specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
26. Your friend often feels nervous when speaking in front of large group of people. What suggestions would you give to your friend to overcome this fear?
27. Which type of movie is not enjoyable for you to watch: action, romance or science fiction movies? Please give your answers with specific examples and details.
28. Some schools require students to finish a reading list during school breaks. Talk about the advantages and disadvantages of this requirement.
29. Describe the differences between two schools you’ve ever attended. Please include specific reasons and details in your answer.
30. Describe a skill you have already learned and want to improve. Describe what you plan to do to improve it.
31. If you have an opportunity to travel to outer space, will you take it or not? Please give specific reasons.
32. Teaching quality is very important to a university, what about other significant factors? Which one would you choose in the first place and why? 1. size 2. price 3. location
33. What’s the most important quality a good neighbor should have? Please include reasons and details to support your response.
34. Some people prefer to learn about current events from watching television news programs. Others prefer to read about current events in newspaper or on the Internet. Which do you think is better and why.
35. If you can have a part time job at the university, what position would you choose: a lab assistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant? Please give specific reasons.
36. Your friend is always late for group events, what suggestions do you have for him?
37. Describe a serious problem that your country is facing. Explain why it is so serious.
38. If a foreigner comes to your country, what would you advise him to take home?
39. Which of the following activities should the university give rewards to its high performance? 1. Volunteer service 2.Atheletic achievement 3. Academic performance
40. In your country when do people give gift to each other? Describe the occasion and types of gifts.
41. Which one of the following characteristics does your friend value most: cheerfulness, kindness or intelligence? Please choose one and use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
42. Do you agree or disagree the statement that we should let children use the computers or other electronic devices as early as they can?
43. Which kind of extracurricular activity would you like to attend if you have a chance: writing essays for students’ newspaper, joining a hiking club or working in the dormitory discipline committee?
44. Describe the most important decision that you have ever made. Please include specific details in your answer.
45. Describe a gift you would like to give to someone. Please answer the question with specific details.
46. How can you ensure that you can finish the assignment on time when the studying workload is heavy? Please include details in your answer.
47. Describe one thing you didn't want to do but you were asked to do. How was the result? Please explain with details.
48. What’s your favorite school subject? How does it become your favorite? Please give your answers with specific details.
49. Describe a friend of yours. Explain how you become friends. Please include details in your response.
50. Describe an interesting style of clothing in your country. Please use specific details.
51. If you have a chance to give a lesson in an elementary school, what topic would you like to teach: 1. How to protect the environment. 2. How to grow plants. 3. How to cook simple and healthy food.
52. Among the following professions, which do you think is the most important to a city? Police officer, building designer or transport worker.
53. Describe a person in your family whose personality or behavior is very different from yours and explain why.
54. An environmental group is planning to organize an activity to help protect the environment. What activity do you suggest and why?
55. Which of the following activities do you think benefits young people the most: doing team sports, talking to seniors of the community, or travelling?
56. Which of the following do you think benefits students more: going to field trips, tutoring or doing class presentations?
57. Which brings you more pleasure? Spending time with friends, studying by yourself, or doing sports?
58. Your friend studies in a business school now, but he likes playing musical instrument. What suggestion would you give to your friend: To keep studying business, or to learn to play music?
59. Which of the following art classes would you be more interested in taking? Wood sculpture, painting or photography?
60. Talk about a hobby of yours; give examples and details in your response.
61. Which of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a new school, joining a one-day campus tour, spending a weekend on campus playing field, or auditing lectures?
62. Which of the following hospital volunteer works would you be interested in doing? Take care of patient's family, talk to patients, or read to patients?
63. Your professor is asking you to help with some research on the weekend, but you have planned to go to your sister's birthday party. Which would you choose? Explain why.
64. Do you agree or disagree: University education is more important than it was in the past
65. Do you agree or disagree: it is better to live close to parents than far away from them.
66. Do you agree or disagree: parents should not allow their children to participate in any form of sport (football, basketball, ice hockey...) in order to protect their health and from any form of injuries.
67. Do you agree or disagree: employees should be prohibited to listen to music at work.
68. Some people prefer to share a large house with other students; others prefer to live in a smaller apartment alone. Which one do you prefer?
69. Some students prefer to study nine or ten months a year; others choose to be in school the whole year. Which do you prefer and why?
70. Do you agree or disagree: protecting the environment is as important as economic development.
71. Emailing and texting takes a major place in contacting people in modern times. However, face-to-face talk could be a more effective way of communication. Which way of communication would you prefer?
72. Do you agree or disagree: the process is more important than the result
73. Do you agree or disagree: it is more effective to work with a group when everyone has their responsibilities and duties.
74. Some people prefer to do indoor activities; others prefer to do outdoor activities. Which do you prefer?
75. Do you agree or disagree: children should start school before the age of 5 or 6.
76. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Building zoos helps to protect animals.
77. Do you prefer big family or small family?
78. Do you agree with the statement: employees should be allowed to listen to music at work?
79. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents today put more pressure on their children than parents did in the past. Explain why.
80. Do you agree or disagree: schools should ban all junk food, such as hamburgers, soda, and sugary snacks from school property.