1. Which of the following volunteer work would you like to do in your city: clean up the city; build more bicycle trails; plant more trees?
2. How will you be different five years in the future than you are now?
3. Describe a change in your school that was initially considered by students as having negative effects on their life but later proved to be positive?
4. Do you agree or disagree that taking personal computer into class will no longer be allowed?
5. What can we do to reduce air pollution? Give examples and details in your explanation.
6. Which of the following activities on weekends would you like to join? Attending sport events, visiting friends or cooking?
7. Which of the following classes would you like to choose： world economics, environmental science, art history.
8. Your friend plans to go to your country to study but has concern about expenditure, what is your advice for your friend?
9. Talk about a friend of yours and how you met this person.
10. Your friend often feels nervous when speaking in front of a large group of people. What suggestions would you give him?
11. What kind of strategy do you use to handle an overwhelming amount of work.
12. Which of the following groups or clubs would you like to join? Campus newspaper, hiking club or dorm improvement committee.
13. Please describe one characteristic of a house or apartment that you think will make it a good place to live.
14. If your parents have some extra money, how would you like them to spend it?
15. Which one of the following jobs deserves a higher salary? Teacher, policeman or nurse?
16. Describe an occasion in your country where people give gifts to each other and a kind of gift that%22s common.
17. What do you think is the best way for the tourists to know a city? Taking an organized tour, Visiting the museums in the city, Walking down the city streets
18. Some trains now have quiet cars where passengers are not allowed to speak loudly and use cell phones, laptops or other mobile devices that produce sound. Do you think this is a good idea? Explain why or why not.
19. If your friends%22 family member were sick, what would you do to comfort him?
20. Which of the following attributes would you consider the most valuable in your roommates? 1) being friendly; 2) being quite; 3) has a good hygiene habit
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement, the most important element of a successful school is experienced teachers.
2. Do you think the boss should supervise his employee when they are working, or give his employee more freedom in work.
3. Which would you prefer: doing exercise everyday or only when you are free?
4. Some people like to take less informative but interesting lectures, others like to take boring but more content rich lectures. Which do you prefer?
5. Do you think it%22s better for students to get some rest or to go get a part-time job during vacation?
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Traveling to new places would be a pleasant memory instead of a time-consuming and energy-burning task.
7. Do you agree or disagree that robots are going to replace human beings to do work in the future?
8. Do you agree or disagree: children lead easier lives than adults.
9. Do you agree or disagree with the statement assignments handed in late should receive penalties.
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: it%22s more effective to work with a group when everyone has their responsibilities and duties.
11. Some students like to take notes in class, others prefer to mainly listen to the teacher. Which one do you prefer? Explain why?
12. When you take a trip, do you prefer to just look around, or do you prefer to take pictures and keep a journal on the trip.
13. People are never too late to receive university education to get a degree. Do you agree or disagree the above statement? Include reasons and examples to support your response.
14. Agree or disagree: technology devices distance people far more now than before.
15. Some students prefer to go to universities or colleges in their hometown. Others prefer to go to universities or colleges in new cities or towns. Which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.
16. Do you agree with the statement: it is easier for people today to lead a healthy life than people of 100 years ago.
17. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that the most important class can%22t be learned in the classroom?
18. Some people like to befriend people who share the same opinion, others like to befriend someone who holds different ideas. Which do you prefer?
19. Which one do you prefer, taking part in a lot of activities and arranging a full schedule, or having lots of free time in your schedule?
20. To be successful in sport, which is more important? Talent or hard work?