1. The machine looked like a large， ________， old-fashioned typewriter.
A) forceful B) clumsy C) intense D) tricky
2. Though she began her ________ by singing in a local pop group， she is now a famous Hollywood movie star.
A) employment B) career C) occupation D) profession
3. Within two weeks of arrival， all foreigners had to ________ with the local police.
A) inquire B) consult C) register D) resolve
4. Considering your salary， you should be able to ________ at least twenty dollars a week.
A) put forward B) put up C) put out D) put aside
5. As he has ________ our patience， we‘ll not wait for him any longer.
A) torn B) wasted C) exhausted D) consumed
6. These teachers try to be objective when they ________ the integrated ability of their students.
A) justify B) evaluate C) indicate D) reckon
7. Mrs. Morris‘s daughter is pretty and ________， and many girls envy her.
A) slender B) light C) faint D) minor
8. Tomorrow the mayor is to ________ a group of Canadian businessmen on a tour of the city.
A) coordinate B) cooperate C) accompany D) associate
9. I‘m ________ enough to know it is going to be a very difficult situation to compete against three strong teams.
A) realistic B) conscious C) aware D) radical
10. Can you give me even the ________ clue as to where her son might be
A) simplest B) slightest C) least D) utmost
1-5 CBABA 6-10 DADCD