A: Questions 1——4 are based on a conversation between Irene, a secreatary and her boss Mr. Jerome S. Buck.
1. How long will the sales conference in London last?
[A] Form Tuesday to Wednesday. [B] Form Tuesday to Thursday.
[C] Form Wednesday to Thursday. [D] Form Thursday to Friday.
2. What are they going to discuss at the meeting on Friday morning?
[A] The trade in Scotland. [B] The industry in Scotland.
[C] The new factory in Scotland. [D] The site of their new plant in Soctland.
3. Where is Mr. Buck going to see Mr. Chambery, the European Manager?
[A] In London. [B] In Paris. [C] In Rome. [D] In Madrid.
4. Why must Mr. Buck be back on Friday?
[A] It’s his daughter’s birthday. [B] It’s his son Sharon’s birthday.
[C] It’s his wife’s birthday. [D] It’s his friend Sharon’s birthday.
B: Questions 1——4 are based on a short story.
1. How do the housewives learn about the offer of free groceries?
[A] On the radio. [B] At the supermarket.
[C] From the manager. [D] From their friends.
2. What did Mrs. Edwards want very much?
[A] Get a basket of free goods. [B] Meet the manager.
[C] Get a free basket. [D] Fill all her cupboards.
3. Why did Mrs. Edwards go back to the supermarket after she had finished shopping one day?
[A] Because she had to meet the manager.
[B] Because she had to buy one more thing.
[C] Because she had to find her shopping.
[D] Because she had to pay for her shopping.
4. Which of the following words best describes Mrs. Edwards feeling at the end of this story?
[A] Embarrassed. [B] Disappointed.
[C] Delighted. [D] Proud.