1. I know nothing about him__________he is an engineer.
2. __________ me the key -- youre in no fit state to drive.
3. Before building a house, you will have to__________ the government’s permission.
4. I hate__________ when there’s no computer in the office.
5.__________I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger.
[AlAs long as
[B]As far as
6. All the leading newspapers__________the trade talks between China and the USA.
7. I don’t think they will come tonight. It’s.__________ impossible.
8. Laws that punish parents for their little children’s actions against the laws get parents
9. I don’t think he will come to our party,__________?
10. We won’t give_________even if we should fail ten times.
11. Sorry, am I in your way? I’ll move.
[A]Oh, well done!
[B]Well, that’s my pleasure.
[D]Thank you for your kindness.
12. Tom kept quiet about the accident __________lose his job.
[A]so not as to
[B]so as to not
[C]so as not to
[D]not SO as to
13. Though Mary continued working, she kept looking at the clock_______, thinking of her sick baby in hospital.
[A]all the time
[C]after a while
[D]for a moment
14. Not knowing the language of the country he was visiting, John had a hard time making himself__________.