21. I usually have ________ hamburger while waiting for ________7: 00 school bus.
A. the; a B. 不填; the C. a; the D. 不填; a
22. The two runners are neck and neck; _______ of them could win the race.
A. either B. neither C. all D. none
23. I ________ be a little bit slow, but at least I don’t make stupid mistakes.
A. should B. may C. must D. need
24. ______ well, you need to have a good sense of balance.
A. Danced B. To dance C. Dance D. Dancing
25. ---Have you seen Jane this week?
---No, but I ________ her call on my way to work this morning.
A. received B. have received C. had received D. was receiving
26. With the rise of modern communication tools, handwritten letters ______ by emails.
A. will replace B. have replaced C. are replaced D. are being replaced
27. Cherry was afraid she wouldn’t fit in at her new school, ______ she made friends quickly.
A. for B. so C. and D. but
28. The man put out the cigarette when _______ that smoking was not allowed on the train.
A. reminding B. reminded C. to remind D. being reminded
29. I’m not satisfied with my study, so recently I ______ a talk with my teacher.
A. have B. had C. am having D. would have
30. _______ we have planned ahead might change when we put it into practice.
A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Whoever D. However
31. --- Alice looks sad. Did you tell her about her brother’s accident?
--- Sorry, I ________ her just before her final exams.
A. can’t tell B. mustn’t have told
C. needn’t tell D. shouldn’t have told
32. Brian talks to me like a child, _______ really annoys me.
A. who B. whom C. which D. where
33. ________ along the Silk Road led to world-wide business 2,000 years ago.
A. Trading B. To trade C. Traded D. Having traded
34. If George had followed his father’s advice, he ________ a lawyer now.
A. is B. would be C. has been D. would have been
35. I wondered ______ they had raised so much money on their own to help youngsters in need.
A. what B. that C. how D. why
21. C 22. A 23. B 24. B 25. A
26. D 27.D 28. B 29. B 30. A
31. D 32. C 33. A 34. B 35. C