1. ----I’m going to Venice next week. ---- . Carnival will be held then. Have fun!
A. You’re crazy B. You’re lucky C. You’d better not D. You never know
2. At our factory there are a few machines similar to described in this magazine.
A. those B. these C.them D. ones
3.I stopped the car ____ a short break as I was feeling tired.
A. take B. taking C. to take D. taken
4. The water supply has been cut off temporarily because the workers one of the main pipes.
A. had repaired B. have repaired C. repaired D. are repairing
5. small, the company has about 1, 000 buyers in over 30 countries.
A. As B. If C. Although D. Once
6. We have launched another man-made satellite, is announced in today’s newspaper.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
7. I was glad to meet Jenny again, I didn't want to spend all day with her.
A. but B. and C.so D.or
8. I want to tell you is the deep love and respect I have for my parents.
A. That B. Which C. Whether D. What
9. No one be more generous, he has a heart of gold.
A. could B. must C. dare D. need
10. In some languages, 100 words make up half of all words in daily conversations.
A. using B. to use C. having used D. use
1-5: BACDC 6-10: BADAD