1. The latest data put forward by the states suggested that the business ___ improving.
A. was B. be C. being D. should
解析：此句主要结构为The latest data suggested that …且suggested为“暗示，表明”从句不用虚拟。
2. It was dark. We decided to ______for the night at a farmhouse.
A. put away B. put down C. put up D. put on
解析：put away收好，保存好(2)把…放在一边 put down 写下，记下;镇压
put up留sb过夜;举起 put on 穿上
3. Her sister has become a lawyer, she wanted to be.
A.who B.that C.what D.which
4. The driver was at ___ loss when ____ word came that he was forbidden to drive for speeding.
A. a; / B. a; the C. the; the D. /; /
解析：at a loss茫然，不知所措 word 表“消息，信息”为无冠词名词 Word came that… 消息传来说……
5. Europe has achieved more in controlling the AIDS virus than Asia in the past ten years, _________ the number of people infected with the virus is going up sharply.
A. when B. that C. so that D. where
解析：where= in which引导定语从句，修饰先行词Asia ，即“在亚洲被病毒感染的人数一直在急剧上升。”
6. The government has taken some measures to solve the shortage of electricity, but it may be some time
___________ the situation improves.
A. since B. when C. unless D. before
解析：It may/ will(not)be …before…
It was(not)…before… It is(has been)…since…
7. ----How do you find our company?
----A little worried. We _________ ground as a leader in the field of IT with the others speeding up development.
A .have lost B. are losing C. lost D. were losing
解析：根据答句“A little worried. ”可知我们还未失去领先地位，正逐步失去。
8. The newcomer is from Tibet, ________ I can tell from his appearance.
A. which B. what C. where D. who
解析：which 引导定语从句，指代前面整个句子The newcomer is from Tibet，
9. The report said a bus went out of control on a highway south of the city and rushed into a river.
A.the ,the B./ ,the C.the, / D./,/
解析：out of control 失去控制 to the south of the city 在这座城市的南边(to the可省)
10. The husband rushed to the hospital he heard that his wife was injured .
A.at the moment B.for the moment C.in a moment D.the moment
the moment=the minute / the instant = immediately / directly (adv.)= as soon as (conj.)
11. all kinds of knowledge ,he was admitted to a key university.
A.Equipped with B.Having equipped for C.Armed for D.Having armed with
arm/equip sb. with sth. →be armed/ equipped with
Armed with special guns, knives and brushes, two spacewalking astronauts practiced fixing the spacecraft.
12. —How do you to her unkindly behavior? —Only silence.
Which of the following is wrong?
A.react B.answer C.reply D.respond
解析：react/ reply/ respond to sb./ sth. answer sb./ sth.
13. Don’t worry ,she is accustomed to like that.
A.being spoken to B.be spoken C.being spoken D.speak
解析：be accustomed to(doing)sth.= be used to(doing)sth. 习惯(做)某事
speak to sb.→be spoken to
14. all the shortcomings you mentioned ,he is a man to be depended on.
A.In spite B.Although C.Though D.Despite
解析：despite= in spite of(介词)后跟名词;Although/ Though(连词)后跟从句
15. The soldier was of running away when the enemy attached.
A.scolded B.charged C.accused D.punished
解析：be accused of= be charged with 被指控……
be scolded / punished for… 因……而被责骂/惩罚
16. About 698,000 laptops were sold in China in second quarter, 12.1 percent increase from a year ago.
A. a; a B. the; a C. the;the D. a; the
17. ___we admit that there are still some problems about NMET, we don't mean that it is of no use.
A. Until B. While C. As D. Unless
While you may be right, I can’t altogether agree with you.
While the sea has offered people food for thousands of years, it swallowed thousands of lives in one day in the tsunami in Southeastern Asia.
18. It how long the shock that explosions hit London transport system will stay in people's hearts.
A. abandons B. considers C. matters. D. minds
19. —Did you know more about the mine accident?
—Oh, sorry, I had no idea. I the Rescue Center now.
A. will be phoning B. am to phone C. will phone D. phone
20. —The government should think about the medical reform again and take measures to improve it.
—_________. The medical services and efficiency are not good at the moment.
A. You're confusing me B. I cannot agree more C. That's all right D. Go ahead, please