(1)I am very pleased to know that __________. (2)It _________________. (3)In my opinion, ________. (4)On one hand, _______________. (5)On the other hand, _____________.
(6)As to _____________, I suggest __________. (7)If ____________. (8)It is unnecessary for you to ________________. (9)In addition, ____________. (10)I am sure ______________.
(11)Please inform me _________________. (12)I am looking forward to ________________.
(1) I would like to suggest that…/ I am writing with my suggestion/ proposal about…/ I am writing to express my views concerning…
我想建议……。/ 我写信来想就……一事提出我的建议。/ 我写信来表达我关于……的看法。
(2) You have asked me for my advice with regard to… and I will try to make some conducive suggestions.
(3) I feel that it would be beneficial if…
(4) If I were you, I would…
(5) It would seem to me that you could…
(6) As you may agree that…
(7) I hope you will find these suggestions/ proposals/ recommendations helpful/ practical/ useful.
(8) I trust you will take my suggestion into account.
(9) I would be more than happy to see improvements in this regard.
(10) I would be ready to discuss this matter to further details.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter in reply to a friend’s inquiry about applying for admission to your college or university. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
A Letter in Reply to a Friend
December 27, 2008
I am very pleased to know that you are going to apply for admission to one university. It has been several years since we parted last time, and soon we will probably meet again. In my opinion, you should major in English. On one hand, English is a very popular major at our university and we have modern teaching methods and prestigious professors. On the other hand, you seem to have a gift for language learning and you are really good at English.
As to the preparation for applying for the English major of our university, I suggest you pay more attention to spoken English. If you make a good performance in oral test, you will have the priority. It is unnecessary for you to be nervous. In addition, when making preparation you should do more model tests. I am sure you will succeed in the exam.
Please inform me if there is something I can do for you. I am looking forward to meeting you on our campus.