1、Nashville, Tennessee, boasts some of the finest country music performers in the United States.
(A) plays (B) attracts (C) contains
2、The land crab, a forest floor scavenger(食腐动物)native to tropical America, migrates to the water to breed.
(A) mate (B) swim (C) hatch
3、The artist captured tire girl's personality in his photograph.
(A) distorted (B) caught (C) masked
4、Grocery prices were boosted again last month.
(A) attacked (B) stabilized (C) raised
5. The making of the movie Star Mars involved a blend of creativity and sophisticated computer technology.
(A) combination (B) variety (C) organization
6. Laser light beamed onto glass fibers casts a characteristic pattern.
(A) projects (B) molds (C) cuts
7. Communication is one of the most important bonds that hold cultural systems together.
(A) obligations (B) qualities (C) links
8、 Both of the drivers were injured in the collision.
(A) hindrance (B)cry (C)crash
9、 Janet’s job as an assistant at the Harvard University observatory was toclassify stars according to their spectra.
(A) locate (B)photograph (C)categorize
10、In aerospace programs, helium(氦)is used to chill rocket engines prior to the launch.
(A) cool (B) fuel (C) test
11. When her husband was given a job overseas, she had to decide whether toaccompany him or not.
(A) go with (B) argue with (C) avoid
12. In the middle of the night the sleeping campers were alarmed by a loud crash.
(A) excited (B) signaled (C) frightened
13. One of California's greatest problems is providing adequate water to meet the needs of its expanding population.
(A) sufficient (B) palatable (C) suitable
14. Although South Carolina's mineral resources are abundant, not all of them can be mined lucratively.
(A) molten (B) plentiful (C) diverse
15. While they were away on vacation, they allowed their mail to accumulate the post office.
(A) pile up (B) get lost (C) be returned
16. Lorraine Hansberry acquired a deep affection for Africa and its people from her uncle William, a professor of African history at Howard University.
(A) respect (B) longing (C) fondness
17. The accommodations of this hotel are limited to 600 persons.
(A) epoches (B) lodgings (C) fiascoes
18. Can you account for how the money got into your bag?
(A) explain (B) tally (C) survey
19. When transferred from one container to another of a different design, a liquid will maintain its volume but alter its shape.
(A) modify(B)stretch (C) confine
20. The road west gave access to the lake.
(A) ascendancy (B) approach(C)exit
参考答案及详解：CABCA ACCCA ACABA CBAAB