1, It displease my parents when Richard and I stay out late every night. My parents don ’ t approve_____.
A. of me and Richard staying out late every night.
B. of Richard and me staying out late every night.
C. of Richard ’ s and my staying out late every night.
D. when Richard and me stay out late every night.
2. " As for their going along with us. " she said. "________ ".
A. my husband and myself certainly have no objection.
B. certainly my husband and I have no objection.
C. either I or my husband certainly have no objection.
D. either my husband or I certainly have no objection.
3. " any thing wrong? "" there was no objection on the part of ________ present ".
4. Although oriental ideas of woman ’ s subordination to man prevailed in those days. she_______ meet with men on an equal basis.
A. did not dared.
B. dared not
C. dared not to.
D. did dare not to.
5. The stars (awaken) a certain reverence in man because. (though) always (present). they are beyond (your) reach.
6. I had hoped( to have learned )French before my trip (to Paris). but I (did not have) any (extra money) for a course.
7. " what is the difference? " " this furniture is different from______ ".
A. that book.
C. that one.
8." we walked twenty miles today. "" I never guessed you could have walked _____ ".
9." what did Jack do last year? ". " I heard ____ taught German. ".
C. he is.
10." did you see any foreigner present at the party? ".
" he was the only foreigner ____ I saw at the party. ".
B. that .
11. (Nobody) who will not try to help the other people (develop) (his) abilities (deserves) to have friends.
12. (there is ) often disagreement( as ) (to whom) is the (better) Shakespearean actor. Evans or Gielgud.
13. John was ( the only one ) of the boys (whom) as you know ( was) not (eligible).
14. The ( irritable) sergeant (was) insistent that nothing (superseded) the drilling of ( the forty new men.).
15. (Still holding) the young man’s hand. he paused. and then (added deliberately): now I am not the man to let a cause (to be lost) ( for want of )a word.
"What do you think about these pies?"
" I would like to have_____".
A. some other.
C. the other.
17. The Formation of snow (must be occurring) (slowly). in calm air. and at temperature (near) the ( freezing) point.
18. Carol said (that) she (went) ( to) the supermarket (before coming) home.
19. (Weighed) down by a mass of trivial detail. a housewife is fortunate if she (did not) soon (lose ) all her charm and (three-quarters )of her intelligence.
20. When our neighbor’s daughter( caught) her fingers in the car door. she (did not cry) even though it (must) have (hurt) her.
21. I will employ the man ______ they say is a fluent speaker of English.
"Then about tolstoy’s great novels".
" who_____ has read his great novels can forget their fascination?"
23. Since the earliest ancestors of the whales were land creatures. the question has arisen as to how____________.
A. did the flipper adaptation of the whale originate.
B. was the flipper adaptation of the whale originated.
C. the flipper adaptation of the whale originated.
D. the flipper adaptation of the whale to originate.
24. Most (aggregate) rocks are fused. and. (as is implied ) by the name. (has originated) (by the aggregation ) of smaller stones.
25. The Amish. (whose) culture is (unique) American. have (developed) a (distinctive) tradition in organic farming.