1.I have had great deal of trouble__keeping up with the rest of the class.__.(跟得上班上的其他同学)
2._ none of us expected the chairman to turn up __(我们没有人料到主席会出现) at the party. We thought he was still in hospital.
3. A good many proposals were raised by the delegates,_ as was to be expected __(正如预料的那样).
4. Most doctors recognize that medicine is as much_an art as it is a science __(是一门科学，也是一门艺术).
5. Some women _could have made a good salary._(本来能够挣一份很好的工资) in a job instead of staying home, but they decided not to work for the sale of the family.
6.Over a third of the population was estimated__to have no access __(无法获得) to the health service.
7. Although punctual himself, the professor was quite used__to students’ being late for __(习惯了学生迟到) his lecture.
8. The price of beer__ ranges/varies from 50 cents to __(从50美分到4美元不等) per liter during the summer season.
9.We’d like __to reserve a table for __(预订一张餐桌) five for dinner this evening.
10. There’s a man at the reception desk who seems very angry and I think he means__to make trouble __(想找麻烦).
11. It may be necessary to stop__ at intervals __(每隔…时间) in the learning process and go back to the difficult points in the lessons.
12. The mad man was put in the soft-padded cell lest he __injure himself __(伤害自己).
13.Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was__ busy preparing for __(忙着准备) her examination.
14. The ship’s generator broke down and the pumps__ had to be operated manually __(不得不用手工操作) instead of mechanically.
15. Why didn’t you tell me you could me the money? I__ needn’t have borrowed it from the bank.__(本来不必从银行借钱的)
16.By the time you get to New York, I__ shall have left for __(已经动身去) London.
17. Buying clothes__is often a very time-consuming job __(是一件很耗时的工作), because those clothes that a person likes are rarely the ones that fit him or her.
18. It’s time__ something was done/some measures were taken __(采取措施) about the traffic problem downtown.
19. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon__ overcame it/got over it _(克服了这种心理).
20. Please don’t stand in the kitchen, you’re__ in the way __(挡路了).
21.There was a knock at the door. It was the second time someone __ had interrupted me __(打扰我) that evening.
22.__it is because she is too inexperienced __(正是由于她太没有经验) that she does not know how to deal with the situation.
23.When I __ caught him cheating me __(发现他骗我) I stopped buying thins there and started dealing with another shop.
24. The manager would rather his daughter__ did not work in the same office __(不在一个办公室内工作).
25. The sports meet originally due to be held last Friday__was finally called off/cancelled because of the bad weather __(最终因天气不好而取消了).
26.I___will be doing/conducting the experiment __(将在做实验) from three to five this afternoon.
27. How close parents are to their children__ has a strong influence on __(有很强的影响) the character of the children.
28. But for his help, I __would not have finished so early __(我不可能这么早完成).
29. His remarks left me ___wondering about his real purpose __(想知道他的真实目的).
30. Mark often___ attempts to escape being fined __(试图逃脱罚款) whenever he breaks traffic regulations.
31.If this can’t be settled reasonably, it may be necessary to__ resort to force __(诉助武力).
32. The room is in a terrible mess; it __can’t have been cleaned __(肯定没打扫过).
33. Everybody knows he__was wrongly accused/charged __(受到了冤枉指控).
34. He wears a pair of sunglasses__ for fear that he should be recognized __(惟恐被别人认出来).
35. She never dreams of __ being sent abroad __(被派到国外).
36. If you won’t agree to our plan,__ neither will they __(他们也不会同意).
37. I should say Henry is __ not so much a writer __(与其说是个作家不如说是) as a reporter.
38. __ Believe it or not __(信不信由你), his discovery has created a stir in scientific circles.
39. If you don’t like to swim, you __ may just as well stay at home __(不妨待在家里).
40. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you__ stain the new carpet _(弄脏了新地毯).
41.Frankly speaking, I’d rather you __didn’t do anything __(不采取任何措施) about it for the time being.
42. In the Chinese household, grandparents and other relatives___play indispensable roles __(起着不可缺少的作用) in raising children.
43. John seems a nice person, __ Even so __(即使这样), I don’t trust him.
44. The fifth generation computers, with artificial intelligence,__are being developed __(正在研制) and perfected now.
45. What a lovely party! It’s worth__remembering all my life __(牢记一生).
46.Though you stay in the sea for weeks, you will not__lose contact with __(失去联系) the outside world.
47. Cancer is __second only to __(仅次于) heart disease as a cause of death.
48. It is a pity that we should stay at home when we have __ such fine weather __(这么好的天气).
49. I would __have never resorted to _(不会诉诸法律) a court of law if I hadn’t been so desperate.
50. John cannot afford to go to the university, __ not to speak of/not to mention/let alone going abroad __(更不用说出国了).
51.I don’t mind your__delaying making __(你延期做出决定) the decision as long as it is not too late.
52. I suggested he _should adapt himself to __(使自己适应)his new conditions.
53. I have no objection___to hearing your story again __(再听听你的故事).
54. This popular sports car___is now being turned __(正在生产出来)out at the rate of a thousand a week.
55. __ Could you take a blank sheet of paper? __(请你找张空白纸)and write your name at the top?