这是一个秘密。
It's a secret.
我告诉你一个秘密。
Let me tell you a secret.
他不能保守秘密。
He can't keep a secret.
你的嘴不严。
You've got a big mouth!
我不敢对我的老板说。
I don't have the guts to say that to my boss. *guts表示“勇气”。
听小道消息说。
A little bird told me. *说不清楚是从哪儿听来的,或者不愿意说出是从谁那儿听来的情况下使用。
A little bird told me that today is your birthday. (听说今天是你的生日。)
Wait. Who told you? (喂!谁告诉你的?)
I heard it through the grapevine. *grapevine 原意为“葡萄藤,葡萄属植物”,这里表示“谣言,传闻”。比较常用。
I just overheard it.
我什么都没说。
I didn't say anything. *表示自己没有泄密的说法。
I kept my mouth shut.
I didn't let the cat out of the bag. *表示“没有泄露秘密”的固定说法。
无意中说漏了嘴。
It was a slip of the tongue.
It was a slip of the tongue. (无意中说漏了嘴。)
Really? Didn't she know about it? (真的吗?难道她不知道?)
I spilled the beans. (我泄露了秘密。)
I stuck my foot in my mouth. (我把不好/失礼的事说出去了。)
我一个字都不说出去。
I won't say a word. *用来表示“保证对谁都不说出去”。
Mum's the word. (我什么都不说。)
I won't say anything. (我什么都不说。)
My lips are sealed. (我的嘴很紧。)