商务英语

各地资讯

当前位置:考试网 >> 商务英语 >> BEC中级 >> 口语听力 >> 商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第11课-分析竞争对手

商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第11课-分析竞争对手

来源:考试网   2011-02-26【

  “商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才。

  DEREK JONES: The technology is the same as ours.
  德里克.琼斯:技术和我们的一样。

  I have never seen two products which are so similar.
  我从没见过两个如此相象的产品。

  In concept and design there are no basic differences.
  在理念和设计上没有根本的不同。

  None. However I have examined the components and the xr590...
  没有。但是,我检验过部件和xr590……

  KATE MCKENNA: What is the xr590?
  凯特.麦凯纳:xr590是什么?

  DEREK JONES: The xr590 is the power source which drives dealer dan.
  德里克.琼斯:xr590是驱动"商人丹"的能量源。

  I think it has a few weaknesses.
  我认为它有几个弱点。

  It' s not as good.
  还不是很完善。

  In my opinion it' s not reliable enough for children.
  我看对儿童来讲还不足够可靠。

  don bradley: Exactly how unreliable is it?
  堂.布拉德利:具体讲,怎么个不可靠法?

  DEREK JONES:Ican' t say exactly.
  德里克.琼斯:我说不出来。

  I haven' t completed the tests yet.
  我还没完成测试。

  It' s too early to say.
  现在说为时太早。外语学习

  KATE MCKENNA: Will it affect their sales?
  凯特.麦凯纳:这会影响他们的销售吗?

  don bradley: Derek?
  堂.布拉德利:德里克?

  DEREK JONES: Not much in the first six months, i suppose.
  德里克.琼斯:我想最初的6个月不会有太大的影响。

  KATE MCKENNA: It' s the first six months that are important.
  凯特.麦凯纳:最初的6个月才是重要的。

  don bradley: Edward, what do you think of their packaging?
  堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为他们的包装怎么样?

  EDWARD GREEN: Well, plenty of bright colours.
  爱德华.格林:色彩很鲜艳。

  It' ll have a lot of impact at point of sale.
  在现场销售时会有很强的冲击效果。

  GERALDINE: I' m afraid they are all meeting at the moment.
  杰拉尔丁:恐怕他们现在都在开会。

  No, I' m sorry, I don' t know what time it will finish.
  不, 对不起,我不知道会议什么时候结束。

  I' ll put you through to mr. harris' s secretary, and she can make an appointment for you.
  我给你转到哈里斯先生的秘书,她可以为你安排约会。

  Please hold the line.
  请不要挂机。

  CLIVE HARRIS: Nice to see you again, peter.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:很高兴再见到你,皮特。

  It' s been a long time.
  好久不见了。

  PETER DAY: How are things at bibury systems?
  皮特.戴:bibury系统公司运转的怎样?www.ExamW.CoM

  CLIVE HARRIS: Very interesting at the moment.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:正处在非常有趣的时期。

  PETER DAY: I' ve just heard you' re going into partnership with a rather good japanese company.
  皮特.戴:我听说你们要和日本的一家不错的公司合伙。

  CLIVE HARRIS: That' s not exactly true...peter, are you still doing consultancy work?
  克莱夫.哈里斯:也不全是这样……皮特,你还在做顾问业务吗?

  PETER DAY: yes. I haven' t retired yet!
  皮特.戴:是啊。我还没退休啊!

  CLIVE HARRIS: Look, can i give you a lift back?
  克莱夫.哈里斯:那 ,我开车送你回去,好吗?

  We haven' t had a chance to chat for a long time.
  我们好久没机会一起谈谈了。

  DON BRADLEY: What have you found out about their marketing strategy?
  堂.布拉德利:你对他们的营销策略有什么发现吗?

  KATE MCKENNA: They have already scheduled a television advertising campaign.
  凯特.麦凯纳:他们已经安排了一场电视广告推广。

  DON BRADLEY: Who with?
  堂.布拉德利:和谁一起?

  KATE MCKENNA: e.g.n.c.

  KATE MCKENNA: E.G.N.C. The company that they always use.
  凯特.麦凯纳:E.G.N.C.他们一直用的那家公司。

  DON BRADLEY: When is it scheduled?
  堂.布拉德利:定在什么时候?

  KATE MCKENNA: Something next month, but I haven' t found out the exact date yet.
  凯特.麦凯纳:下个月的某个时候,但还没查到具体的日期。

  DON BRADLEY: Have you heard what they are spending on TV advertising?
  堂.布拉德利:有没有听说他们在电视广告上的花费是多少?

  KATE MCKENNA: I don' t know.
  凯特.麦凯纳:不知道。

  GERALDINE: No, I' m sorry, they are still in a meeting.
  杰拉尔丁:不,对不起,他们还在开会。

  I don' t know how long they' ll be.
  不知道还要开多久。

  Let me take your number and I will get one of them to call you back.
  我记下你的号码,我会让他们中的一个打回给你。

  PETER DAY: It' s good of you to give me a lift.
  皮特.戴:你真好,开车送我。

  CLIVE HARRIS: It' s no problem.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:没什么。

  Are you still doing consultancy work for J.K. Toys?
  你还在为J.K.玩具公司做顾问工作吗?

  PETER DAY: I wondered why you were going out of your way to give me a lift.
  皮特.戴:我正在想你为什么大老远地送我,又不顺路。

  CLIVE HARRIS: Well, are you?
  克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,你还在做吗?

  PETER DAY: Technically no. I' ve just finished.
  皮特.戴:可以说不做了。我刚做完。

  But that work was confidential.
  但那项工作是保密的。

  CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, of course.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:是的,当然。

  You could be working for us, you know, I might need a consultant.
  你可以为我们工作,要知道,我们也可能需要顾问。

  PETER DAY: Really?
  皮特.戴:真的?

  CLIVE HARRIS: Well, perhaps.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,或许。

  I might need an idea of the best way to react to Dealer Dan.
  我需要一个反击"商人丹"的最佳方式的点子。PETER DAY: How did you get to hear about that?
  皮特.戴:你怎么知道的?

  CLIVE HARRIS: A customer.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:一个顾客告诉我们的。

  Do you know that Dealer Dan is very like a new toy we have developed?
  你知道"商人丹"跟我们的一款新玩具很相似吗?

  Dealer Dan could hurt us badly.
  "商人丹"可以重创我们。

  I don' t want any secrets.
  我不要任何秘密。

  I don' t want to compromise you, I just want some general information.
  我不想为难你,我只想要些大面上的信息。

  PETER DAY: How general?
  皮特.戴:怎样才算大面上的信息?

  KATE MCKENNA: We know their selling price, but what' s their unit cost?
  凯特.麦凯纳:我们知道他们的销售价格,但他们的单位成本是怎样的?

  DON BRADLEY: Derek, what' s your estimate?
  堂.布拉德利:德里克,你的估计是多少?

  DEREK JONES: I can' t say.
  德里克.琼斯:说不上来。

  I don' t know what their production run is.
  我们还不知道产品是怎样的。

  We haven' t had that information yet.
  我们还没有这方面的资料。

  DON BRADLEY: Well, Big Boss' s production run is three hundred thousand.
  堂.布拉德利:"大老板"的产量是30万。

  Will they produce three hundred thousand? Or more?
  他们会生产30万吗?或者更多?

  DEREK JONES: I don' t know the answer to that one.
  德里克.琼斯:这个我不知道。

  At that retail price they have to sell a lot of toys.
  以那样的零售价,他们要售出很多玩具才行。

  DON BRADLEY: It can' t be less than 300 thousand, can it?
  堂.布拉德利:但不能少于30万,对吧?

  PETER DAY: Thanks for the lift, Clive.
  皮特.戴:谢谢你送我,克莱夫。

  CLIVE HARRIS: You are something of a specialist in the Far East, aren' t you?
  克莱夫.哈里斯:你在远东是名专家,对吧?

  PETER DAY: You could say that.
  皮特.戴:也可以这样说。

  CLIVE HARRIS: Well, when this deal with this Japanese company is settled, we might need your help.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:我们和日本公司的交易完成后,我们或许会需要你的帮助。

  We shall need a consultant to help set things up.
  我们需要一名顾问处理事情。

  Of course, the success of Big Boss is a very important part of the deal.
  当然,"大老板"的成功是这项交易的一个重要部分。

  PETER DAY: When might this happen?
  皮特.戴:那会是什么时候?

  CLIVE HARRIS: That depends.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:这个要看情况。

  PETER DAY: The production run is 300,000 units.
  皮特.戴:产量是30万件。

  CLIVE HARRIS: And the advertising budget?
  克莱夫.哈里斯:广告预算呢?

  PETER DAY: Clive, I don' t know.
  皮特.戴:克莱夫, 不知道。

  Really, I don' t know.
  真的,我不知道。

责编:sallylsl 评论 纠错

报考指南

报名时间 报名入口 报考条件
考试时间 考试大纲 考试内容
成绩查询 等级划分 成绩评定
合格证书 考试教材 备考指导

更多

  • 会计考试
  • 建筑工程
  • 职业资格
  • 医药考试
  • 外语考试
  • 学历考试