商务英语

各地资讯

当前位置:考试网 >> 商务英语 >> BEC中级 >> 口语听力 >> 商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第9课-解释工作

商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第9课-解释工作

来源:考试网   2011-02-24【

 “商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才。

  Unit 9 Explaining how something works 介绍sth是如何运转的

  CLIVE HARRIS: Can I get you a cup of tea or something?
  克莱夫.哈里斯:给你拿杯咖啡或别的?

  MS WONG: No, thanks, I' m fine.
  黄女士:No, 谢谢, 不用了。

  CLIVE HARRIS: Please have a seat.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:请坐。

  Well, Sally, you' re seen the company. You' re seen our products.
  萨利,你参观了公司,也见过了我们的产品。

  What do you think?
  你认为怎么样?

  MS WONG: You have a wide product range, but they' re all dependent on the same chip technology.
  黄女士:你们的产品样式很多,但都依赖同样的芯片技术。

  I think we may be able to supply you with some of the necessary circuitry
  我认为,我们可以为你提供必要的电路元件

  ...but,of course, we need to speak further about this.
  ……当然,我们还要就此再深入交谈。

  CLIVE HARRIS: Well, thanks for coming in.
  克莱夫.哈里斯:噢,谢谢你的来访。

  MS WONG: It has been most interesting.
  黄女士:这次参观很有意思。www.Examw.com

  DEREK JONES: This is the latest prototype.
  德里克.琼斯:这是最新的模型。

  PHIL WATSON: How does it work?
  菲尔.沃森:怎么用?

  DEREK JONES: Say something to the boss.
  德里克.琼斯:对"大老板"随便说点什么。

  PHIL WATSON: Like what?
  菲尔.沃森:比如?

  DEREK JONES: Anything.
  德里克.琼斯:什么都行。

  There' s a microphone in Boss' s ear, and it will recognise certain commands.
  "大老板"的耳朵里有个麦克风,它可以识别某些指令。

  It records what you say and stores it.
  它会录下你讲的内容,并保存起来。

  When it hears the trigger word, it plays it back.
  在听到触发字后,就会播放出来。

  PHIL WATSON: I' m sorry, could you repeat that?
  菲尔.沃森:对不起,能再说一遍吗?

  I don' t understand what you mean by trigger word.
  我不太明白触发字的意思。

  DEREK JONES: Okay, I' ll try to explain it more simply.
  德里克.琼斯:好的,我会尽量简单地解释。

  We can programme the Boss to say something like "I don' t want problems, I want solutions".
  我们可以编程使"大老板"说类似"我不管问题,只要解决方案"的话。

  And we do that like this: you press his nose and that activates the voice card.
  我们是这样做的:你按一下它的鼻子,这样就激活了声卡。

  Then you say the phrase.
  然后你说个短语。

  "I don' t want problems, I want solutions"
  "我不管问题,只要解决方案"

  Then you press the nose again.
  然后你再按一下鼻子。

  PHIL WATSON: Why do you do that?
  菲尔.沃森:为什么要这样做?

  DEREK JONES: You do that in order to stop the recording.
  德里克.琼斯:这样做是为了停止录音。

  Then you select your trigger word.
  然后再选择触发字

  PHIL WATSON: What is that?
  菲尔.沃森:那是什么呢?

  DEREK JONES: The trigger word makes the Boss speak.
  德里克.琼斯:触发字可以使"大老板"开口说话。

  Every time he hears that word,
  它每次听到这个词,

  he will say "I don' t want problems, I want solutions."
  就会说"我不管问题,只要解决方案"。

  PHIL WATSON: So, let me clarify this:
  菲尔.沃森:让我来澄清这点:

  each time the Boss hears the trigger word, he' ll repeat the phrase.

  每次"大老板"听到触发字,就会重复这个短语。

  DEREK JONES: Exactly.
  德里克.琼斯:正确。

  So give him the trigger.
  那就给它个触发字吧。

  PHIL WATSON: Okay ummm ...The trigger can be the word "problems".
  菲尔.沃森:好的, 嗯 ……触发字就用"问题"这个字吧。

  DEREK JONES: Fine. Say it in his ear, then.
  德里克.琼斯:好。对着它的耳朵说,然后。

  PHIL WATSON: "Problems."
  菲尔.沃森:"问题"。

  DEREK JONES: Okay, now say a sentence with the word "problems" in it.
  德里克.琼斯:好的, 现在说个带"问题"这个字的句子。

  PHIL WATSON: Excuse me, Big Boss, I' m having some problems with the project.
  菲尔.沃森:打扰一下,"大老板",我在这个项目上有些"问题"。

  BIG BOSS: Problem! I don' t want problems. I want solutions.
  "大老板":问题!"我不管问题,只要解决方案"。

  PHIL WATSON: Brilliant! How is it powered?
  菲尔.沃森:太好了!它的动力是怎样的?

  DEREK JONES: Aha! You' ll enjoy this:
  德里克.琼斯:啊哈! 你会很喜欢的:

  light energy. It won' t need new batteries.
  光能。不需要新电池。

  Both the eyes contain photo-sensitive cells which absorb the solar energy.
  它的双眼都有可以吸收太阳能的感光电池。

  These cells then power the motors located here under each arm.
  这些电池给每支手臂下的发动机提供动力。

  Now, as everybody knows, when you have this kind of configuration there is a...
  大家都知道,如果你有这种设置,就会……

  EDWARD GREEN: Sorry, Derek would you mind explaining that in another way?
  爱德华.格林:对不起, 德里克。可以用另外的方式解释一下吗?

  DEREK JONES: Sorry. I' ll keep it simple.
  德里克.琼斯:抱歉。我会简单地说。

  The important thing is that this is a major breakthrough.
  重要的是这是个重大突破。

  All the toys will represent the very latest in technology.
  所有的玩具都代表着科技的最新进展。

  PHIL WATSON: I can see that. It' s very impressive.
  菲尔.沃森:这个我可以看初步来。给人的印象很深刻。

  EDWARD GREEN: Thanks, Derek.
  爱德华.格林:谢谢, 德里克。

  PHIL WATSON: Thanks for the demonstration.
  菲尔.沃森:谢谢你们的演示。 

  DEREK JONES: Any time.
  德里克.琼斯:随时效劳。

责编:sallylsl 评论 纠错

报考指南

报名时间 报名入口 报考条件
考试时间 考试大纲 考试内容
成绩查询 等级划分 成绩评定
合格证书 考试教材 备考指导

更多

  • 会计考试
  • 建筑工程
  • 职业资格
  • 医药考试
  • 外语考试
  • 学历考试